Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello! I'm Seneca

Ixchel
@ixchel
11 years ago
597 posts

if your hair is like that than natural will probably take right off for you! starter methods only sets the blueprint for sectioning anyways, if you have a tender head you may want to just avoid messing with methods.

congrats on the pregnancy & the beginning of your dread journey. I'm a SAHM to a 4 year old & 19 month old girls & our 3rd babe will be arriving sometime this month ;) forget about what your mom says, you are an adult & can make your own choices, if you want to doll them up some you can throw in beads & wraps for decoration (I still have to fend off my own mother as well, it's bothersome isn't it?)

you can dye dreads, a lot of people prefer to use henna so it's safer on the hair (but careful on baby dreads because it's conditioning). you just would "paint" the outside of the dread & NOT squeeze any into them, rinse rinse rinse, & i know if you are bleaching you would only want to rebleach the new growth.

senecathurman said:

Perhaps, but I thought that was bad for hair? I was gonna just do it naturally but we could if you think it'll help. I gotta admit tho, I'm tender headed(another reason I never brush really) If you could see my hair right now, you would laugh your ass off dude. I'm not joking, I look like albert einstein most of the time. no joke

updated by @ixchel: 07/23/15 03:10:52AM
Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

I'm in hair-color withdrawal right now as well. :( But yeah, I'd be really careful with the dye. I actually unraveled my dreads two months in (nearly half a year has passed since then, and they're definitely intact once again, haha) when I attempted to dye them. It wasn't even a super-conditioning type of dye, either. :(

senecathurman
@senecathurman
11 years ago
5 posts

Well, I'm excited to go on this journey! I just hope they turn out great!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form