Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dandruff shampoo

Eric Blaine Finley
@eric-blaine-finley
11 years ago
16 posts

i got dandruff bad, i use the baking soda wash, but its bad. Right now i cant get the dread shampoo and the other stuff. but there is some dandruff shampoo in my shower and i want to use it so bad just once, i did the tear and rip and they are pretty tight, my roots are tightening up but i really hate the itchiness and dandruff. Can i use it once!!!!!!!!!! please help

updated by @eric-blaine-finley: 01/13/15 09:50:41PM
Ojas Acharya
@ojas-acharya
11 years ago
172 posts

what is ur baking soda ratio..? and are u only doing baking soda wash..? or are u following it up with acv ?

DreadBruja
@dreadbruja
11 years ago
44 posts

tea tree oil works for me! Not too much though, it seems to much will feed the problem. I put some in my bs/acv rinses and the problem lessens with every rinse :)

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

I grew dreadlocks for years and didn't even know about no residue shampoo. Do your best to rinse it out really well. Keep looking for a more suitable solution. Dreadlockshampoo cleared my scalp too.

peace

JavaLizard
@javalizard
11 years ago
89 posts

There is actually a dandruff shampoo called clear, that is what I got, worked great, didn't loosen up things too much. My first time I was a little too vigorous as it was the first good wash in days. Moderation, if you ar a purist then don't do it. But my scalp was hating me I had flakes, crust, scabs, it was not fun at all, I settled on the clear because it leaves the least residue, and has tea tree oil and ginseng. Over all not too shabby.

Eric Blaine Finley
@eric-blaine-finley
11 years ago
16 posts

thanks yall, whats the ratio with the baking soda, and how much ACV do i pour on my head and how long do i leave it in for

Eric Blaine Finley
@eric-blaine-finley
11 years ago
16 posts

thanks alot,

Heather
@heather
11 years ago
1,291 posts

bs/acv didn't work for me either. it just made my dandruff worse. using dandruff shampoo once won't hurt your hair but over time it will probably leave residue. when you can afford it, dreadlockshampoo liquid or bars work wonderfully. i use the bars and my dandruff is pretty much non existent.

Dee4
@dee4
11 years ago
14 posts

Definitely follow up with ACV. Then finish off with a cold rinse dandruff is just dryness of the scalp and when washing your scalp with hot water it will make the problem worse. Try to wash every two days and use cold water. I rinse my scalp everyday because I am a workoutaholic lol. I just do a quick rinse in the shower after every work out and wash my dreads with shampoo. I do the bs/acv twice a month just to get that extra junk out, honestly I am amazed that the bs/acv rinse is not grotesque. Just do the cold water and it should help immensely.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form