Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

sea salt spray questions

DaThrill Helton
@dathrill-helton
11 years ago
48 posts
I hope I'm not getting on anybody's nerves with my questions but i.wanna do everything right. my question is about the sea salt spray. what is the ratio of sea salt/water i should use and should i do that before or after washing and how often should i use it. I'm gonna be washing with the bs mix and acv rinse.
updated by @dathrill-helton: 02/15/15 05:46:25AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

The salt should be 3.5% of the water volume. This is what sea water concentration is.

Never use salt water if you don't plan to wash within 2 hours. Don't use it after a wash ever. It'll only over dry your scalp and causedandruffand other scalp issues

jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

hi no no ask away brother that is wat this site was in part designed for :D:D an id try this http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dreaducation-comprehensive#teas

DaThrill Helton
@dathrill-helton
11 years ago
48 posts
Ok lets say that someone sucked at math and conversioconversions and they had a 16 ounce spray bottle. how much sea sakt would said person add? Lol :p
DaThrill Helton
@dathrill-helton
11 years ago
48 posts
Apparently said person can't type on his phone either lmfaoo
jazzymomma
@jazzymomma
11 years ago
175 posts

DaThrill Helton said:

Ok lets say that someone sucked at math and conversioconversions and they had a 16 ounce spray bottle. how much sea sakt would said person add? Lol :p
REPLY: id say a good tea spoon the measuring one, that be like half a table spoon might need lil less tho:D:D try it, dont spray on ur scalp just hair. goodluck peace an luv
JAZZYMOMMA
DaThrill Helton
@dathrill-helton
11 years ago
48 posts
Thank you and u guys rawk
Call Tucker
@call-tucker
11 years ago
27 posts

personally, i like to leave the salt in for about a full day. It really just depends on how humid/dry and area you live in, and your hair type. The key is just to keep an eye on your hair, and if it start to feel itchy, or incredibly dry or brittle....wash it out! But everyone's hair is different, and there is no strict time limit for how long you need to leave it in. cheers

Call Tucker
@call-tucker
11 years ago
27 posts

many people find that leaving it in over night, while they sleep, is most helpful for creating a knotty mess in the morning as well

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form