Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Please help! I don't know what's on the inside of my dreads.

Abbigirl
@abbigirl
11 years ago
14 posts

Today I cut off a dread in order to make a shaved spot on the side of my head. Out of curiosity I decided to cut it open to see what it looks like on the inside. I was a bit disturbed. My dreads are a year old but I take pretty good care of them. I wash them with residue-free dread shampoo (from dreadlockshampoo.com) and yesterday I did a 30 minute bs/teatree oil soak followed by a 5 minute acv soak. When I cut the dread open there was lots of white-ish fuzzy stuff (not EXACTLY fuzzy, but the best word i can think of) on the inside. Some of the fuzz was a yellowish color, some a grayish blue color.There was also lots of small whitish yellowish specks in there too. My hair doesn't smell and I honestly can't tell if it is dead skin, fuzz and lint, or some type of mold or mildew. My best GUESS at this point is a combo of dead skin and fuzz. But there was SO much in there! almost just as much fuzz as hair. And the other thing was that the bottom half of the dread didn't have it, just the top half did. This is the one thing that is making me think it is from my scalp (dandruff, etc) PLEASE HELP! I am panicking because I want my hair to be clean, not full of junk. I'm not sure if this is dread rot or what. Is there a way I can tell what is going on?

updated by @abbigirl: 01/13/15 09:49:48PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

what colr pillow case tam towel etc

im certain its fuzz/lint wich is next to impossibly tro avcoid

u can cover em in sati n or silk to preven the super fine threading will keep outr anything

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cole Morton
@cole-morton
11 years ago
109 posts

Can you post a picture? I hear a lot of people have a sebum issue going on with their dreads....If you use a towel some of it could be lint from the towel. Barrellady always recommends that if you do towel dry to use a towel close in color to your hair. I am still new to dreads but I hope this helps and maybe someone here can help you more. Good luck love!

Abbigirl
@abbigirl
11 years ago
14 posts

that would make a lot of sense because the towels i use are blue tan and white, and my pillow case is tan. Thank you! Since it is not smelly I am not too concerned about it. It just seemed like a lot of stuff in my hair and I wanted to make sure it wasn't some type of mold or mildew.

soaring eagle said:

what colr pillow case tam towel etc

im certain its fuzz/lint wich is next to impossibly tro avcoid

u can cover em in sati n or silk to preven the super fine threading will keep outr anything

Abbigirl
@abbigirl
11 years ago
14 posts

Thank you! I will try to get a picture tomorrow.

Cole Morton said:

Can you post a picture? I hear a lot of people have a sebum issue going on with their dreads....If you use a towel some of it could be lint from the towel. Barrellady always recommends that if you do towel dry to use a towel close in color to your hair. I am still new to dreads but I hope this helps and maybe someone here can help you more. Good luck love!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form