Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How did this guy start his locs?

Matthew Cameron
@matthew-cameron
11 years ago
4 posts

Hello, I'm 16 and planning to start my dreadlocks after I leave school. My hair idol is John Forte and I want to know how he started his dreadlocks because I want mine to look like his. From my stance his dreadlocks seem to be somewhat of semi-freeform but then again I could be wrong.If you know, can you give as much details as possible in how I can go about starting my mane. By the way I'm a Jamaican with thick afro hair.

updated by @matthew-cameron: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

theres no semi about it they are natural or freeform possibly seperated to keep them from being too thick but thats oit

\they are pretty sweet

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Read his interview: http://guestofaguest.com/new-york/interview/interview-with-john-for...

He uses Aveda shampoo to wash 2 times a week, pricy but the best for him. 18 years of growing natural dreads (7 1/2 of those years in jail)

Matthew Cameron
@matthew-cameron
11 years ago
4 posts

Thanks so much I was seriously wondering because most freeformers hair seems really thick and congoed up back hair in Jamaica

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

those are badass natural dreads

GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
11 years ago
393 posts

Just keep your sections fairly small and you'll have dreadlocks similar to John Forte's. I keep my sections fairly small and my dreadlocks look like thick chunky hair until you get up close and see the congoes.

Matthew Cameron
@matthew-cameron
11 years ago
4 posts

ok cool thanks

GoldenEagle said:

Just keep your sections fairly small and you'll have dreadlocks similar to John Forte's. I keep my sections fairly small and my dreadlocks look like thick chunky hair until you get up close and see the congoes.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form