Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just to be sure!!

Erin Garrison
@erin-garrison
11 years ago
11 posts
So, nearly have made it to the two week mark!!! Whoot whoot go me!But vanity and pride aside. Most of my locks are looking good and well. A titch bit frizzy, a few have attempted mating which I have sent out the memo I'm a non supporter of such things at the moment, and my scalp has almost completely calmed the F down!My routine has been a wash every three days, I spritz with white vinegar and water, rinse, followed by knotty boy soap, rinse, rinse rinse and rinse again. Then I squeeze, and whip my hair back and forth, followed by releasing them to be free and dry. I have a few that have some largeish bits of hair which have escaped and one little guy who hides in the back behind the bigger and louder ones that seems to be revolting. He hasn't undone himself but is definitely working towards I feel. As for the escapees, do I just allow them to eventually get with the flow in their own time? And the revolutionist in the back? Should I just allow him to just be the creeper in the back that everyone side eyes? Also, zippers. Oh how I've begun to loath them. Always grabbing and pinching and pulling and making me sad. Rings. Another thing I seem to get caught in my hair. Is this something others have dealt with?Also, also, am I doing this right?!?!Ive also gotten mad raves about how awesome they look!Have a blessed day!!
updated by @erin-garrison: 01/13/15 09:49:23PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Congrats on your journey, sounds like you are enjoying it. As for enemies, the #1 is Velcro. Also burrs and twigs & brush when walking through the bushes.

I have heard that knotty boy soap and shampoo is not good to use. I believe there is a post on here somewhere about it. There is a fantastic no scrub method that exfoliates the scalp. Mix 1/2 cup Baking Soda to 5 cups water, pour on head and leave for 10-20 minutes, rinse well. Next mix 1-2 capfuls of Apple cider Vinegar to 5 cups water & pour on head, rinse after 1 minute. The ACV will balance the PH & condition your hair.

Many soaps & shampoos leave residues in dreads if used with hard water, good to find out what kind you have. Oh yeah, I had to separate my sections every day, some only need to do it once a week.

Peace

Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

Hey Erin :D I think it's best if you just let those escapees find their own home, just give them time. It really seems like your hair is progressing fast which is good. Just remember to check your babies as much as possible and separate them if it is really needed to avoid all the mating. I have also experience my hair getting caught into things like; my dad's ear, door knobs, pencils, pens, earphones, and much more x) Just let your dreads be, let them do their own thing ;) I know it can give you a real panic at some point of a time but just trust your babies. Just always remember to separate, separate, separate. Anyways, Happy Dreading and Take care! :D

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

i like the descriptions

Erin Garrison
@erin-garrison
11 years ago
11 posts
Thanks!! Larra, I'm glad I'm not alone! I don't wear earrings often so now I know they're commy jerks in cahoots with zippers, rings, and your dads...ear...? Lol!What about the creeper in the back? Also, anyone use hemp thread for wraps? And are mine ready for that wonderfully beautiful nonsense?! :)Thanks again ya'll are fab!
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

yeah ive got a hemp wrap or two. just make sure you dry it well. also hemp has a strange smell when wet. i dont mind it. i would recommend it beause its strong

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yes just leave em be but just wait till they discover ...velcro

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

Haha, I know it's kinda weird reading that my dad's ear got stuck on my dreads xD I was cooking that time and he was getting something from the cupboard underneath the stove top so yeah - that has what happened. Anyways - I'm not quite sure about the "creeper" that you mean. You can use hemp in anytime that you like, it's really up to you :)

Erin Garrison said:

Thanks!! Larra, I'm glad I'm not alone! I don't wear earrings often so now I know they're commy jerks in cahoots with zippers, rings, and your dads...ear...? Lol!
What about the creeper in the back? Also, anyone use hemp thread for wraps? And are mine ready for that wonderfully beautiful nonsense?! :)
Thanks again ya'll are fab!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form