Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Liquid dreadlockshampoo

Teddyjo
@teddyjo
11 years ago
106 posts

has anyone here gone from regular hair to baby dreads/dreads with only using the liquid dreadlocksshampoo?

updated by @teddyjo: 02/14/15 04:46:43AM
Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
11 years ago
100 posts

i used that liquid shampoo for about the first 5 months .....it shrunk the shit out of my hair ...a little too much acceleration if you have hair that is prone to dreading i wouldn't recommend it I would just start with a bar ..i use the bars now

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

lots have including vicki who makes it well 1 dread

shes got 4 now 1 was formed jut using the shampoo 1 the gel 2 the seasalt

she tests everything on herself

theres been many others i just cant think of who off the top of my head

i find new baby dreads all the time just using the bar

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yea the bars are great for most ppl the liquid was made for hard to dread hair

--
Diego F.
@diego-f
11 years ago
73 posts

amazing informations here.

I ordered 3 bars [teatreet & rosemary, patchouli and goddess] and the lockin up liquid shampoo [dragons blood].

So, the liquid is best than the bars for baby dreads?

How can i work the liquid shampoo on my hair? [do i need to touch the hair? how can i wash without messing too much with my hair?]

Supa Dread
@supa-dread
11 years ago
100 posts
Yea u gotta touch the hair diego, so u can work it into ur scalp. The mess is a part of the deal anyway, but if you really gonna get in there you gotta scrub a little bit. I pour a little bit in the palm of my hand, pat it over my dreads n work it in with my fingertips. Not for nothing, but im pretty sure the goddess scent was geared towards women i think, not that you cant get it, if you like the smell than thats cool, but i think thats what it was geared towards. She sends free samples both liquid n bars of a couple of her products. Maybe next time you can request a specific one im sure.Bless up!
Diego F.
@diego-f
11 years ago
73 posts

in fact i bought the goddess bar to my girlfriend [i'll give her as a gift, she will love it for hair and body wash].

My fear about messing too much with my hair is that... i'm at 9 months of full neglect, but i have some new 9 baby still sections [i have completelly ripped 3 dreads into 9 thin sections], and lots of stray hairs...

well it will arrive here tomorrow or friday, i'm anxious to wash my hair with these products, because i have hard water here, and baking soda leave some kind of oily residue at my scalp no matter the quantity of bs i put in my mix. And with these products i think i'll save time on the bath.

thanks for the response!

Teddyjo
@teddyjo
11 years ago
106 posts

what is considered hard to dread hair?

soaring eagle said:

yea the bars are great for most ppl the liquid was made for hard to dread hair

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

The liquid will really help dread the hair, don't be scared to touch it. When you wash, that is the most progress you will get. When you wash with the liquid, rub your scalp and hair as you would normally wash, but be more gently with towel after, just pat it dry, then air dry. You'll see fast progress if your hair is long enough.

peace

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i wouldnt use the towel at all

and hard to dread hair is hair that hasnt gotten a single tangle in 6-8 months

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags