Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting some Dreads in the U.K.

Paul Harasimow
@paul-harasimow
11 years ago
5 posts

Hey Guys, Found this sitecompletelyby accident. I googled "escaping babylon" as I was curious about rastfarian culture and some of its terminology. Dreadlockssite came up top due to one of the groups being named this. I got to reading the dreaducation and was amazed to learn that you could grow lovely natural dreads the neglect way and have clean hair!

I tried dreads 6 years ago the backcombing way. When the hair started falling out I added wax. when they got icky I undid them all (and threw away all they broken hair that came out). I never tried again.

Untill now!

i'm going for natural method (I refuse to say neglect)

I don't comb my hair anyway. up to last week I did wash and condition my hair twice a week and reguarly "finger combed" especially in the shower. This has stopped. Now im washing my hair with bicarb, cider vinegar and some essential oils. 1 week in.

A little bit about me. I work for a nature conservation organisation. My job is leading a team of volunteers carrying out practical conservation work on nature reserves. I love my job. My main hobby is growing vegetables. I also love walking in the countryside and exploring ancient places.

Peace I look forward to chatting to you guys as I start my Journey.

Paul

updated by @paul-harasimow: 01/13/15 09:47:37PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

you have no idea how many start with wax give up and deciide dreads are too gross and too much work

they give up on dreads all together after wax..its a shame but at least nowadays wax use is down to like 5% of what it was just 3 years ago or so

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form