Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

HOW DOES THE LOCKING PROCESS DIFFER FOR LONGER HAIR?

InfiniteBeau
@infinitebeau
11 years ago
5 posts

I started out with two strand twists. I have long thick hair you could say, very STRAIGHT texture. It would take forever for my hair to lock up because of this, so my loctician added a little human hair for my ends to help the process. No biggie. Just wondering does initiating the loc process differ much if you start out with longer hair? shorter hair? does it really make a difference?

updated by @infinitebeau: 01/13/15 09:47:23PM
melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
I've seen straight hair loc up pretty quickly! Youd be surprised what the hair is capable of in 6-8 short weeks. Ive got an Asian friend with very fine straight hair, hers locked up quicker than my thick curls!Also I know of many more people who regret getting extensions than are happy about it, just a thought :]You don't need a locticion! Just a good dread shampoo, able hands to seperate congos, and lots of patience and love.Don't hesitate to always ask questions!
InfiniteBeau
@infinitebeau
11 years ago
5 posts

Youre correct. I didnt get the actual extensions that are locked the first day. just to help my hair loc a bit because i started with very fine straight hair. plus some parts of my hair are uneven, shorter than the rest of my hair. march will by my 4th month. im excited, but then im not. going through those stages where my hair just looks like UGH. i hate i started with two strands. wish i couldve started with locs the first day lol WHAT IS A GOOD LOC SHAMPOO THAT CAN BE PURCHASED IN A LOCAL BEAUTY SUPPLY

melanie rose said:

I've seen straight hair loc up pretty quickly! Youd be surprised what the hair is capable of in 6-8 short weeks. Ive got an Asian friend with very fine straight hair, hers locked up quicker than my thick curls!
Also I know of many more people who regret getting extensions than are happy about it, just a thought :]

You don't need a locticion! Just a good dread shampoo, able hands to seperate congos, and lots of patience and love.

Don't hesitate to always ask questions!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

your hair would not lock slowly the loctician screwed u 2 strand twists dont wi[ork in straight hair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

actualy your hair now that i see the pic might work with twists but would dread faster going natural staying far awy from locticians

long hau=ir dreads faster yours is in no way long though

long as itn mid back

there was no reason to add fake hair that was dumb and just adds weight and just a way to take more money

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

nothing from a beauty salon these are best www.dreadlockshampoo.com

u dont start with locs the 1st day

locs take months

anything that forces thenm to resenble locs faster does extreme harm

u got to go through the messy stage to get to where u want to be

now what products were yused if any

i would remove the added hair if u can that was just a silly thing to do

InfiniteBeau said:

Youre correct. I didnt get the actual extensions that are locked the first day. just to help my hair loc a bit because i started with very fine straight hair. plus some parts of my hair are uneven, shorter than the rest of my hair. march will by my 4th month. im excited, but then im not. going through those stages where my hair just looks like UGH. i hate i started with two strands. wish i couldve started with locs the first day lol WHAT IS A GOOD LOC SHAMPOO THAT CAN BE PURCHASED IN A LOCAL BEAUTY SUPPLY

melanie rose said:

I've seen straight hair loc up pretty quickly! Youd be surprised what the hair is capable of in 6-8 short weeks. Ive got an Asian friend with very fine straight hair, hers locked up quicker than my thick curls!
Also I know of many more people who regret getting extensions than are happy about it, just a thought :]

You don't need a locticion! Just a good dread shampoo, able hands to seperate congos, and lots of patience and love.

--
InfiniteBeau
@infinitebeau
11 years ago
5 posts

Yeah i removed all that i could. but if i cant i guess it will loc up with my real hair.

and for african americans trust me they consider that long lol but im just going to leave it alone completely and just continue to wash every week thats it. i will check into some of the products you recommended!!! thanks soaring eagle

soaring eagle said:

nothing from a beauty salon these are best www.dreadlockshampoo.com

u dont start with locs the 1st day

locs take months

anything that forces thenm to resenble locs faster does extreme harm

u got to go through the messy stage to get to where u want to be

now what products were yused if any

i would remove the added hair if u can that was just a silly thing to do

InfiniteBeau said:

melanie rose said:

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form