Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Bicarb wash

Zara 'Babu' Binns
@zara-babu-binns
11 years ago
11 posts

Hi, just a little question, how often can i wash with the bicarb soda wash? At the moment i wash my hair every 2 to 3 days but i have to stop using the DrBronners cos it leaves my hair sticky and weird, but i've read that its not advised to use the bicarb wash too often as it will dry out the hair, Also (little question is turning bigger than i thought) any advice on what shampoo to get if i cant wash often with bicarb, i presume i have hard water here due to the DrBronners experiment. :)

updated by @zara-babu-binns: 01/13/15 09:46:47PM
Patience
@patience
11 years ago
51 posts

Washing with just bicarb will dry your hair out, you need to use the apple cider vinegar rinse afterwards to get your hair back in balance. I wash with bicarb and acv three times a week with no problems but I think I use a weaker solution of both the bicarb and acv than you would use for a full deep clean. The deep clean would be what you've seen advised as an occasional thing. If your water is hard you might need to dissolve the bicarb in hot water and allow to cool before using it.

Zara 'Babu' Binns
@zara-babu-binns
11 years ago
11 posts

Ok, i just wasnt sure if i should use the ACV on baby dreads as i think i read somewhere that it wasnt a good idea, i'll look into it though. Thankyou very much for your help Patience

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Apple cider vinegar will condition and balance out the hair. After you wash and rinse well, mix 1-2 capfulls, (depends on your hair length) with 5 cups water, pour on head and leave for 1 minute only and then rinse well. The soaps and shampoos found on dreadlocksshampoo.com work great with hard water. I also have hard water and use the baking soda/ACV for my dreads. Cheers

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form