Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

To Comb or Not to Comb? Opinions?

Mego
@mego
11 years ago
14 posts

So I've been thinking lately about combing my dreads out and letting my hair grow out longer before I start my second set. These were started when I already had really short hair and now at 4 months I'm noticing a lot of shrinkage. I love my dreadies but I also started them the wrong way because I bought into the mainstream waxing and crocheting method. The wax has been out of them for almost 3 months and I only crocheted for 2 weeks at the beginning but I can't help but feel my dreads would look better if I started over. Opinions?

updated by @mego: 01/13/15 09:46:15PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

tough call i wouldnt base it on th length tho only on how happy or unhappy you are with how they were started

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mego
@mego
11 years ago
14 posts

They were started with T and R and I'll probably start my second set like that, however, my boyfriend (who did the T&R for me) feels like he could section them better and make them look cleaner now that we are both more educated about dreads.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

whats wrong with the sections they arent suposed to look "cleaner" whikle still so toung

as long as the wax o=is gone and the crochet hook i the trash the only reason to start over would be to go m all natural

or if the sections are huge

--
Mego
@mego
11 years ago
14 posts

I combed out 2 to see what it would do...there's white clear stuff falling out (not dandruff) I feel like its wax...I'm starting over and going completely natural..not twist and rip or anything.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

good plan that wax is very very hard to get out and alotta ppl that think they got it all out most like;y didnt

--
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Hi Mego. Being only 4 months in, restarting is a great idea, that way you know all the wax is out. This site is great isn't it, so much to learn. Now you know the only thing you need to do is wash and separate the sections to keep them from joining together. If you don't like the size of the natural sections forming, make them into skinnier ones. That's it!

You will enjoy and appreciate the next set, happy dreading

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form