Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

finally letting go...

Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

Recently I finally realized that dreads are not made. they are grown. I just started my dreads 1 week or so ago, and i was already tired of palm rolling and worrying about loose hair. I at least knew better than to use wax, but i found myself constantly looking in the mirror monitoring my progress. I started using rubber bands when they started loosening up. Made sense to me because my hair is only about 3 inches long. However Ive come to realize finally that this stuff is unecessary and a waste of time. It is so much easier to just let them do as they please. I dont sleep with a hat, i dont rubber band, I wash twice a week and seperate as soon as i wake up everyday.

I also wear a headband everyday because my dreads are so short they just look pretty crazy if i dont.

updated by @bob-ngarly: 02/14/15 04:23:57AM
Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

Check Out the Pics i attached please!! i also have pics on my profile.

btw if anyone is wondering i tapered my hairline which i know isnt natural but it is fairly common within the black community. (Im half black, hair is too soft for twists) Supposedly it protects from a receding hairline and makes you edge up look clean and neat. Even when your hair is wild and crazy.

Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

the first picture my hairline was not tapered. The rest are. Yall can decide if you like it or not.

Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

I have short hair too. But I don't mind if they look a bit crazy. It's only messy hair. Tying them back with a headbandwill slow the progress of the ones at the front because they can't move around. Just let them hang. If you want to make them a bit neater for an event, wash that day and let them air dry.

Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

yeah i like the way they look right after a wash. They lay down a bit more and kinda make me look like maxwell if you know who that is.. (R&B singer. lol) I have heard others say that the headband will only make them flat and not cause damage. (its actually a shirt sleeve so its fairly loose..)

If you have any pics man, post a link or something im really trying to find some people with some short hair timelines.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

your off to a good start i wouldnrt bother with th e taporing thing

constantly pulling em back might auee rededing tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

Yeah but i like tapering them. It gives them a clean look and it doesnt hurt them. What are you trying to say pulling them back will do though?? I couldnt understand through the type-o.

soaring eagle said:

your off to a good start i wouldnrt bother with th e taporing thing

constantly pulling em back might auee rededing tho

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

cause receding

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

ohh yea well i dont plan to continue doing it for long, and i usually only do it when i go out of the house. It is rumored that tapering your hairline also helps prevents receding hairline. IDK if it is true. If not it looks cool.

amethyst777
@amethyst777
11 years ago
95 posts

I think they are looking great. As for the tapering, I think it's just your personal choice :) I useshirtsleeves in mine too :)

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form