Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

fresh start?!

Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
11 years ago
62 posts

ok so more bad news it looks like i may need to cut my hair down and restart. As bad as i hate to say that, between the dry scalp and super tangled mess while I am trying to separate my mess I can't help but smell a mildew odor on my fingers from my hair. Is their any way to combat this without a "reboot" of the dreadlock process?

The next time they grow I will make sure to properly maintain them expecially with the separation aspect. I don't want to cut them all off because the main problem is the area between my spiral and the opposite side of my head. Don't know what it will look like if I just cut that section of hair out but I need to weigh as many options as possible.

updated by @keith-lackey: 02/14/15 07:13:35AM
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Don't cut yet. I'm sure there is something else you can do. Wait!

peace

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
Do a search up top for mold/mildew. You should find a solution there. I've read several posts about removing mold and mildew, I just can't remember exactly what they said. I do remember that lavender oil is good for combating and preventing it.As for separating, do it when your hair is wet. Try some wraps or beads to keep your sections apart.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

lavander oil and white vinager it will be easy to fix without cutting just get them seperated

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
11 years ago
62 posts

would the vinegar by itself be enough to remedy the problem? And I always see distilled vinegar but don't recall seeing white vinegar, could be I just never paid attention, but would the distilled serve the same purpose? I'm gonna have to do some searching for the lavendar oil, i still don't know where any specialty stores are in my area (just moved a couple months ago and haven't went out to explore yet).

In some other news I've made some progress as far as the separating is concerned. Still a loooong way to go, but I'm working on it. Spent 30 minutes on one section and still didn't get it completely separated. That's just to inform people the severity of my carelessness.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day....:-)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

some rite aids or walgreens have a gnc in the store or gncs are in many malls theres healtht food stores everywhere trafer joes fresh fieelds all these places would have em or online

i dont think vinager alones going to do the tru=ick but u can try

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Crystalyn
@crystalyn
11 years ago
38 posts

also if you cant find a store nearby luckyvitamin.com has essentila oils as well. or friutful yeild, not sure if they are in all states/areas..

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
White and distilled vinegar are the same. It's not expensive at all either. You can always buy oils online, mountain rose herbs has to s and to s of oils and are reasonably priced. To find a place locally just google something like 'lavender essential oil ' and if there's a store that has a website that sells that oil it'll show up.
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
Tons and tons lol not 'to s and to s'. Stupid phone space bar!
Keith Lackey
@keith-lackey
11 years ago
62 posts
Thanks i found a product called Africa's best that has probly 30 essential oils in it ( I'll be uploading a pic since there are so many. Lavendar oil is one of them along with thyme whicb i thknk has also been mentioned to help but they are not the main ingredients. Just wondering if it would make a difference. I also am curious if the dr.bronner's lavendar soap would be a sufficient source since it of course contains lavendar but it is also not the main ingredient. I found the GNC section in the Rite Aid by where i live but lol it consisted of maybe 3 isles and no essential oils. Depending on how long it will take to ship i may gpt to the actual GNC store to get it since it needs to be taken care of asap. My work schedule & transportation limitaions have put a damper on my mission , but im getting something accomplished within the week. Sorry for such a long post im done now lol off
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form