Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

the energy could destroy this place..

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
I've always felt a strong sense of energy and power in my feet and hands, which is why i very rarely wear shoes/gloves. Lately I've been feeling an undeniably huge mass of energy around my head/hair. Obviously Im aware this is largely due to neglecting my hair. However, as a result of letting go of all the vainity and narcisisim of making hair look "presentable", I've discovered how much happier I am as a result of my hair being free. A huge weight has been lifted and its effecting all area of my being. I've always had a strong connection to mother earth/nature, which I never attempted to strengthen. Now, effortlessly, this bond feels stronger than ever. I've been meditating outside again, rather than in my apartment. Granted its about five degrees in northern new York, the cold doesn't seem to bother me. I am content and I am grateful.
updated by @melanie-rose: 06/10/16 02:04:39PM
Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

i admire you sister ive been contemplating going outside to the parks for my sessions, but have come to practice at anytime of day no matter where i happen to find myself being :) but tolerating 5 degrees is something to be proud of.

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

im the same way. my hand and feet are always too hot lol. i dont wear shoes either. i too have felt an increase in energy and insight since dreading and its pretty awesome. its cool to read someone else has the same kinda thing going on.

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
Thankyou
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

Spirituality and dreadlocks have an undeniable connection, although I have met many spiritual people who do not have dreads, that is another story anyway. But, I wonder if the folks who are growing new dreads and claim no spirituality, I would love to have a discussion with them in twenty years and ask if they have discovered some changes. Enjoy yourself Melanie, beautiful energy is a wonderful thing.The world needs it that's for sure.

peace

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
I don't understand how someone could feel no spirituality whatsoever.. Baffling. Much love brothers and sisters<3
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

i dont get that either.

melanie rose said:

I don't understand how someone could feel no spirituality whatsoever.. Baffling. Much love brothers and sisters
<3
Lull
@lull
11 years ago
8 posts

Read this article about native american trackers and their superior abilities with long hair vs short.

http://polarlightorg.wordpress.com/tag/hair/

The concept of hair as 'antenna' was hilarious to me initially. A wonderful idea, but in the realm of fantasy. As the daughter of a chemist, and as someone who studied physics - I am open to new ideas (that is the ony way science has ever progressed) but I am cautious of pseudo-science.

However, the more I think about this, and how it relates to my own experience, the more I think there might be something in it.

The tests done during the vietnam war are certainly interesting, although the results could have been slightly misinterpreted, since the trackers could have been psychologically affected by the loss of hair, thus negatively affecting their performance. This effect would be especially pronounced in a culture that places spiritual significance on such things.

I would be very interested to see a modern day study on atheists who hold no beliefs either way about hair and it's potential antenna capabilities!

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts

wow lull, super far out! it is very interesting. thanks for sharing sister <3

JXhippielovinpeace
@jxhippielovinpeace
11 years ago
23 posts

Whoa! That's really beautiful! I think I will try praying outside then! Awesome stuff thanks for sharing (i'm in ny too, but nyc.. annoying loud city can be a great way to challenge oneself to being peaceful in the stress and chaos of the world around our bodies). peace be with you!

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form