Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey I'm new!

Charles Turner
@charles-turner
11 years ago
5 posts

New here, not to dreads. Started locking my hair in June, wool hat rubbing. After my hair started to separate slightly, I began to rip and twist. Anyway, it's been a slow process over the last 6 months, and most of it is dreaded now. Unfortunately for me, I've got really silky hair that doesnt like to knot, and I like my dreads to look fairly neat, not perfect but vaguely tubular. Anyway, I crochet very carefully every now and again, and basically, I'm looking for ways to keep my dreads fairly neat without damaging them.

HALP

Here's a few pics of my 'journey'.

Before

Starting... One drunken bet and it begins

Progress

Around this time I became interested in tip blunting, and fell for the DHHQ advice on clockwise rubbing, not a good idea.You can see some locks with strange balls on the end in the picture above.

By now, some of my earlier locks had begun to feel fairly mature.

I bought a crochet hook, unaware of the dangers, and blunted my tips.

That was a few months ago, and they're still improving. The lower section of my hair is now dreading. My whole head is a mix of mature-ish, non mature dreads and loose hair. Probably gonna dread a bit more of the loose hair.

updated by @charles-turner: 01/13/15 09:45:10PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

throw the hook away let them dread u sau they dont dread easy but how would u know if u never gave em a chance? so many assume it wont dread but as soon as they let it dread it surprises them how quickly and easily it dreads the hook is your enemy its destruction it ruins dreads and makers a mess

just let them be wild and messy they will have time to be neat when all grown up

u make a 6 year old wear a suite and tie and cary a breifcase to school and u damage them for life u let them be kids and messy when they wanna be and they grow uo happy

lert your young dreads be young dreads wild ass they want to be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form