Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My hair wont dread

DreadfullyJaded
@dreadfullyjaded
11 years ago
31 posts

The one and only side effect of dandruff shampoo is in fact dandruff the selsun blue may be making your condition worse. going all natural with BS and ACV should clear it up.

updated by @dreadfullyjaded: 07/20/15 05:30:48AM
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

I know that you do not want flakes. I completely understand. Before my hair was dreaded I would brush my scalp veryvigorously each morning before I washed it and yes, I washed it every day. Now before I wash it, I gently take my nails and scratch my whole head to loosen up any dead skin. But the truth of the matter is when you have dreadlocks you will never be 100% flake free. Over time your scalp will adjust and you will have less flakes, but there is always gonna be some. Your hair is dark like mine so it is easier to see it. So you are gonna have to make the decision dreads with some flakes or no dreads. You have waited 19 months for something to happen so it seems to me that you really want to dread. You will notice the flakes a lot more than anyone else will. People won't be looking at a few dead skin cells ....they will be looking at your beautiful dreads.

oh and a side note...are you running your fingers through your hair when you wash? If so you are combing out any potential knots.

Joseph
@joseph
11 years ago
37 posts

It doesn't. I tried for months.

DreadfullyJaded said:

The one and only side effect of dandruff shampoo is in fact dandruff the selsun blue may be making your condition worse. going all natural with BS and ACV should clear it up.

Joseph
@joseph
11 years ago
37 posts

Nope. I'm careful not to do that. I don't understand how the flakes are permanent.
taye said:

I know that you do not want flakes. I completely understand. Before my hair was dreaded I would brush my scalp veryvigorously each morning before I washed it and yes, I washed it every day. Now before I wash it, I gently take my nails and scratch my whole head to loosen up any dead skin. But the truth of the matter is when you have dreadlocks you will never be 100% flake free. Over time your scalp will adjust and you will have less flakes, but there is always gonna be some. Your hair is dark like mine so it is easier to see it. So you are gonna have to make the decision dreads with some flakes or no dreads. You have waited 19 months for something to happen so it seems to me that you really want to dread. You will notice the flakes a lot more than anyone else will. People won't be looking at a few dead skin cells ....they will be looking at your beautiful dreads.

oh and a side note...are you running your fingers through your hair when you wash? If so you are combing out any potential knots.

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

The flakes are dead skin cells shedding. Because your scalp is skin.....it is gonna shed. With dreads you cannot brush those flakes away. Most of them get washed away when you shampoo but the dead skin cells will always be shedding from your scalp. Eventually (with dreads) the scalp adjusts to the lack of stimulation ( brushing and combing) and stops shedding as quickly and as much.

Eddy St. King
@eddy-st-king
11 years ago
50 posts

make a sea salt spray to help the curls lock. your hair can most definitely dread. I feel ya on the selsun blue but i don't think that's the real problem. you just need a natural accelerator to help your hair. I'm really shocked that 19 months have passed with no progress like that. take a plastic bottle and fill it about 3/4 and then take 2 teaspoons of dead sea salt (you can find it at your local supermarket) and pour that in the bottle. shake it up a little bit to catalyze the diffusion of crystals. once it dissolves spray that on your head not near the roots and you can keep that on your head for about 2 hours before you wash. Also, consider diluting the selsun blue shampoo so it's not nearly as effective in the conditioning aspect. you'll see some change by this week. keep up the hope man.

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form