Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

kenpoflip
@kenpoflip
11 years ago
5 posts

Hello,

New to this site and my Dreadlock Journey. Just into my first week of natural Dreads. Quick question, for very active people, how often should you wash your hair? Everyday or every couple days?? Im very glad to be part of such a great Community.

Here is a Pic of my 5th day. I think they are starting to separate nicely.

updated by @kenpoflip: 01/13/15 09:45:04PM
kenpoflip
@kenpoflip
11 years ago
5 posts
I dont know why the pic didnt load
kenpoflip
@kenpoflip
11 years ago
5 posts
Thanks Robyn!!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

every couple days or so average is every 3-4 some do ecery 2 some once a week i wouldnt wait any longer then a week (salons will say not to even get them wet for a year! yuck) washing helps them dread but a day or 2 betweween helps em set in and comact

plus gives em time to get dry

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

If you're very active, you would be better to keep them from getting too large. Just separate the sections when they get too big. I'm a runner, but I will still have a few slightly thicker ones. The biggest will be 1 square inch at the scalp, as the size at the scalp determines how thick the dread will be once fully matured.

kenpoflip
@kenpoflip
11 years ago
5 posts
Thank you Soaring eagle, and thank you kelly!!!!!! This is such a great site, I really apreciate the feedback!!!!
Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

Never a problem, lad. Any time.

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

In the winter months I wash once a week. In the summer months i wash 2 times a week or more....depending on what I am doing and my activity level. I very rarely wash more than 3 times a week.

kenpoflip
@kenpoflip
11 years ago
5 posts
Thank you Taye!!!!! Very informative!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form