Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

will tight beads slow the dreading process?

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
I've noticed that within a day of putting a bead on a loc it knots up quite nicely. I don't want them falling out so I keep them pretty snug. Will this ultimately cause weak spots or slow down the process? Thankyaaa :)
updated by @melanie-rose: 01/13/15 09:44:59PM
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
I don't know about weak spots, but they don't do much beneath the bead. The weight of the bead causes movement above it so you get good knottage. If you have the patience, tie a wrap under the bead, towards the bottom of the dread. Then you have less of an unknotty bit. It looks like more of a natural wispy end.
taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

I had a bead that i put in a dread when i started out. I took that bead out last summer. It took a bit of work because my hair had dreaded below it and had gotten thicker. Thank goodness it was toward the end. When i finally removed it after 4 years, the hair under the dread was not dreaded at all. The bead was a bit over one inch long. So I had about an inch in a very mature dread that was undreaded, It has knotted up since then, but it has not caught up with the rest of the dread yet. I have another bead that i put in toward the roots. The dread formed above and below, so I will never ever be able to remove it. It is very small so it is no big deal, just a permanent part of my head :) I have other beads that i put in when my dreads were mature, they have not effected my hair in any way.

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
Thanks guys :) I already have three beads that are stuck, hair is dreading all around them. They're barely visible haha.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form