Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

" And finally the day came when the desire to remain the same became more painful than the risk of growth "

Shannon Gillespie
@shannon-gillespie
11 years ago
10 posts
Hello !So glad I found this wonderful site! Some beautiful things are opening up in me at the present time and with these things come the revelation that I want to get to know myself on the most personal and authentic level possible. I believe that my locks will help me in my spiritual growth by stripping away any false notions I have about my true self.I am a 43 year old nurse living in Southeast Oklahoma, the population of my town is 700. I anticipate some resistance in my community and family about not conforming. I actually look forward to it as I see it as an opportunity to show my heart and possibly break down some cultural stereotype barriers.I ask you all humbly for help in this spiritual endeavor....and look forward to sharing and getting to know y'all. Never again will I equate my worth by anybody else's standards of beauty. I am the only true beholder of my self perception and I hereby proclaim myself worthy of unconditional Love. You are all beautiful and I feel blessed to be here in such a sacred space :) Thank You! Minerva
updated by @shannon-gillespie: 01/13/15 09:44:34PM
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
Welcome!! I just love it when 'older' people decide to dread! I'm 41 and started dreading at the end of my 39th year. Feel free to ask questions, there stupid questions, only stupid answers. Is that the phrase? Utilize the search function up top, check out the dreaducation tab, dread maintenance tab and check out some timelines. Some of the best timelines are Robyn, Ixchel, Castaway Jay, Rachel Natty Dee. There are so many I can't list them all lol. Again, welcome and embrace the journey! Monica
Shannon Gillespie
@shannon-gillespie
11 years ago
10 posts
Thank You very much Monica. I am reading and just smiling super big :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome and great intro there already arent many like you in ok so im sure you already get weird looks

i lived in tulsa awhile and definately wasnt like everyonre else there haha

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shannon Gillespie
@shannon-gillespie
11 years ago
10 posts
Thank you for the wonderful welcome. On day two and realized today that this lock journey is bringing up some dormant ( haha, probably not so much dormant as avoided) insecurity issues. The least I could do for my hair is to let it be itself and grow as intended it is shining some light in places that have been in the dark for far too long. I feel profoundness heading my way :)
Cole Morton
@cole-morton
11 years ago
109 posts

Welcome to the right place for the best advice

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form