Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dandruff

Helen  Louise Murphy
@helen-louise-murphy
11 years ago
4 posts

This is about my hubby........he has fake dreads(extensions) and has the worst dandruff that I have ever seen. Now to be honest, he has always had a problem but since the dreads it has become just disgusting.....it is literally caked on his scalp, all in his hair.........no matter what I do, he still has the problem.....what I have tried thus far is rosemary oil, tea tree oil and peppermint soap.......any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

updated by @helen-louise-murphy: 01/13/15 09:44:26PM
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

Baking soda will help release and clean out the dead skin (dandruff). There are recipes under the dreaducation/maintenance tab at the top of this page. You will find a big difference the first time he uses it. Only use natural products, as medicated and regular shampoos will leave behind a residue. I don't know how to care for extensions, but after leaving the baking soda in for the required time, I would first rinse it out in the shower, and then soak head underwater in the tub for awhile to help the older dandruff float out,(do a round of Sudoko while waiting to make time go by fast), then shower off again. Hope this helps

Helen  Louise Murphy
@helen-louise-murphy
11 years ago
4 posts

thank you so much!!! I'm going to try that with the husband......he uses dr. bronners peppermint shampoo but perhaps he should just do the Bs method from this time on.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form