Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

ripped and twisted

kendall caponetto
@kendall-caponetto
11 years ago
7 posts
So.... first off I want to thank everyone involved in this site. Good people, good vibes and lots of great info for tha dread heads! Well I started my dread journey about three weeks ago (2nd) attempt.on my first attempt I was caught up in the backcomb and mainstream dread products. I was discouraged very quickly with shoveling wax against the tide, so I gave up within a month.recently I made a full commitment to myself, its time for a dread transformation. I started again with the back-to-back back comb.... and the dreaded dread wax(as I know now) I knew something was not right. .. there is no way it should be this hard. I. Thought to myself people have been successfully dreading their for hundreds of years in cultures around the world with no products! !! Being a naturalist I finally stumbled accross this site! I completely started from scratch ... this time I thought the twist and rip method would work best for my hair. So with help from my wonderful wife I finished my whole head in o... about. 10 he's or so. They looked great!! When you want dreads.. u want them now!! I thought that was it I did it. !!! Hahahaha .. not quite. I just prolonged. The real dreading with a "quick " way to get my hair knotted up. Back to the books... thanks to this site I have saved my dreads. I am now going the all natural way and being Zen. I got soap from bucks county and am doing the BS/ account washes. No touchy let nature run its course.. now I do have a question ... by ripping and twisting. Did I prolong the natural. Dread process??? Will my little strands eventually. Bond with their brothers. And sisters or are they locked. Out.??
updated by @kendall-caponetto: 01/13/15 09:44:02PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

well haha by tnring you basically told them how many yiu think there should be and tried to get them all in place where you want them to be but some will reject your will and unravel and redread as new dreads wether in the same sectioning or not and even if all the tnr stay i n and dred as is new baby dreads will still form over time and blend in

u certainly didnt harm em as much as the waxing and ri[]olling and poking a nd rubbing did

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
kendall caponetto
@kendall-caponetto
11 years ago
7 posts
A am now letting them be. Most fell out with the first couple washings . Guess I didn't do as good of a job as I thought. :) well that's fine with me. With the info I now know, thanks to you all, I'm just going to let them do their thing. Forever grateful {~}:)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form