dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I'm Traddy and these are my dreads...!

Traddy
@traddy
11 years ago
11 posts

Hey All,

I'm Traddy and I've been dreading for about a year and a half now. I just wanted to check in with some of my concerns and see if I'm really on the right track for the long term. I plan on donating to this site today -it's just that the bank isn't open yet, heh heh. I perused these forums regularly at the beginning and even got some help from SE...

i went all natural. I dont do anything except wash with Dr. Bs lavender (1-12 about) and condition with Braggs ACV (about 1-4. I was using less, but I didnt feel it cleaning at all, so I upped the dosage.) Thats all Ive ever done (and separate of course). I wash about once a week sometimes 2 weeks. When I wash, I dont scratch the hell out of my scalp, but I do get my fingers in there and scratch where it itches. (I never really did the laying the dreads on the hand and washing them thing.) Also, I had a bit of a problem with some soap residue building up in the ends, so lately Ive been squeezing them a bit when I wash, letting them fill up with water and then squeezing a bit again to get all that soap out of there. I just do it gently. I put them up in a towel to dry

There really isnt much loose hair to be found, but I am a bit worried about some of the thinner dreads particularly 3 in the front. They just seem to be a bit thin at the roots (especially the one in the front which got stuck on a tree). The top of my scalp seems a bit thin as well. Could that be simply from the weight of the dreads? Maybe just some wicked parting? My folks are trying to tell me that my dreads are making me go bald (Haha!), but I really dont see any thinning.

My hair pretty much stopped congoing all together. Every once in a while I have to pull a hair or two away from the dread next to it, but really thats it. Most of the dreads I feel are too far away now to comfortably congo, but at the beginning many joined together. Oh yeah, my beard is starting to dread gnarly too!

I tie them back loosely pretty much all the time. I sleep with them like this too. Lately Ive been sleeping with a t-shirt over my head, because sometimes I need a change from tying them I Need a TAM!!!

If anyone sees any possibly bad dread practice here, or has any constructive criticism, please let me know. Im sorry for the biography, but Im in it for the long haul, and I want to make sure my dreads are healthy and will last my lifetime, and that I am also capable of teaching people the right way to do it, as I do get asked a lot.

Sorry for the super up-close photos. The lighting in this bathroom is pretty severe and as you know, taking pictures of yourself sucks.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,

Traddy

updated by @traddy: 02/14/15 08:34:21AM
Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
11 years ago
100 posts

they look great to me !! :)

ღHippie Loveღ
@hippie-love
11 years ago
80 posts

Wow, they look amazing.

Traddy
@traddy
11 years ago
11 posts

Gee... Thanks guys!

ღHippie Loveღ
@hippie-love
11 years ago
80 posts

Your welcome.

Traddy said:

Gee... Thanks guys!

Pete
@pete
11 years ago
67 posts

They look amazing! Have to admit, hehe, i think their developing great. :)

Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

wow man your dreads and beard are inspiring, especially your beard haha! i wouldnt sleep with a tam or have them tied back though..but like you said they arent congoing anymore so i think your cool mine would become a fat dread. welcome back!

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
They're awesome!!!
Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

I love the natural look to your dreads. And the beard is tops too. I'd be a little concerned about the sections of scalp that are showing though. Unfortunately, I have no advise to give on what to do there.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

they look great but there does seem to be some thinning between them wich ui suspect might be from ying them at night the t shirt thing works well i do that sometimes when i dont leave em loose

how were u seperatriung were u doing anything to the roots besides seperating

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form