Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

short dreads? 4-5 inch?

Lisa Human Jukebox Goodwin
@lisa-human-jukebox-goodwin
11 years ago
4 posts
Hello I really want to start my dreads short through backcomb method. Is this to short? I cant wait any longer for my hair to grow lol. What will they look like? Can u give me an idea? Thanks
updated by @lisa-human-jukebox-goodwin: 01/13/15 09:43:53PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i wouldnt backcomvb they will stick straight up goofy looking u can tnr at 5 and it will looj fine or go natural id highly recomend natural dtop combing today and let it dred

if not tnr it will work at 5

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mary5
@mary5
11 years ago
2 posts

I tried backcombing with 5 inches of curly hair, and it was a waste. Not only did most of it all fall out but it damaged my hair as well. The only thing it was good for was sectioning it out, but even so... I feel like it's cheating the natural process. I backcombed it one more time after it all fell out (about a week later), only to have most of it fall out again. So now all I do is wash my hair with the liquid dread lock soap from dreadlocksoap.com, and it is knotting up on its own. Naturally, beautifully, and healthily.

Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

just stop combing your hair now and start washing like you already have dreads, when its time they will know what to do

11 years ago
4 posts

Ok cool, i dont want to do neglect its not for me i want the backcomb method!! dreads need to be tidy for my work!! :)

StarseedSpacedread said:

you need to wait. they will look wierd. And I would just go neglect for now, you will feel more free as you don't have to do shit. When your hair is 8-10 inches, then consider backcombing if you want a more manufactured look

11 years ago
4 posts

ok thanks cool i will wait until my hair has grown more then do the backcomb method!!

Mary said:

I tried backcombing with 5 inches of curly hair, and it was a waste. Not only did most of it all fall out but it damaged my hair as well. The only thing it was good for was sectioning it out, but even so... I feel like it's cheating the natural process. I backcombed it one more time after it all fell out (about a week later), only to have most of it fall out again. So now all I do is wash my hair with the liquid dread lock soap from dreadlocksoap.com, and it is knotting up on its own. Naturally, beautifully, and healthily.

11 years ago
4 posts

i cant do that method because of work, i will wait then go with backcombing when i have more hair!

Castaway J said:

just stop combing your hair now and start washing like you already have dreads, when its time they will know what to do

Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

I backcombed, most will fall out, then get heaps messy, then start to knot up anyway. I'm trying to say that backcombing does not mean it wont look messy.

happy dreading

peace

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form