Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hiiii everyone(:

Jackie Brooks
@jackie-brooks
11 years ago
5 posts

My name is Jackie and I'm 18 years old. I started my dreadlock journey on 12/21/12. The method I used was backcombing. I used to palm roll my hair everyday, until I learned that too much is really bad. I do not use any products/utensils in or on my hair. I washed my hair after 2 weeks using the BS wash and ACV rinse. So far, I LOVE my dreads and I cannot wait until they're older and matured. I look forward to meeting all of you and your dreaddies(:

updated by @jackie-brooks: 01/13/15 09:43:53PM
Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

welcome! happy dreading! and if you need to wash more than once every two weeks do so! rinsing and running water is the next best thing for developing locks next to sleeping on them :)

Jackie Brooks
@jackie-brooks
11 years ago
5 posts

Thank you(: And I'm not entirely too sure how often to wash my hair. When I didn't have dreadlocks, I washed my hair every other day. Since my locks are still young and fragile, I'm afraid that too much washing and rinsing will make them come undone. The ratios I used for the BS and ACV were wrong the first time. I did 6 tbs of BS to 6 cups of warm water and the rinse was something like 1/3 cup of ACV to 1-2 cups of warm water. SE told me that the BS wash should be 1/2 cup of BS to 5 cups water. What should be the ratio of the rinse be?

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

just a couple of spoonfuls to a gallon. Doesn't take much. and welcome to the site :)

Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

if your scalp start itching bad, or you feel it about to get bad, wash.

do not worry if they come undone, this is normal and must happen for dreads to form. you gave em a head start now just let them be and do their thing, they can manage perfectly fine with out your help execpt washing and separating :)

Jackie Brooks
@jackie-brooks
11 years ago
5 posts

Thank youu(: Also, about how many washes before my black dyed hair will fade to about it's natural colour? Light brown/dirty blonde.

Castaway: Okay, will do! Thanks!(:

Jackie Brooks
@jackie-brooks
11 years ago
5 posts

It fades. For me, when I dye my hair is darker and opaque. Then with commercial shampoo and conditioner, it slowly fades to a dingy black and there are an inch of new growth.

taye
@taye
11 years ago
833 posts

BS and ACV will fade color faster than regular shampoo.

Cody Marshall
@cody-marshall
11 years ago
7 posts

The warmer the water temperature, the faster the color will fade as well, iirc. But you should rinse with cold water anyways, as to keep the scalp from becoming irritated or itching! Enjoy your journey :]

Jackie Brooks
@jackie-brooks
11 years ago
5 posts

I haven't used shampoo or conditioner in a month, but thank you all! Lol.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form