Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The begining of my dread journey

Ian Gleason
@ian-gleason
11 years ago
7 posts

hey everyone, im ian and i started my natural dread journey about a week ago(i try not to think about the time) and i think ive been making a lot of progress already. i wash my hair about every 2-3 days with a baking soda/water wash. before i started my journey my hair was a somewhat thick to start withso i wasnt too nervous about going natural but i think it will turn out good in the end. here are some pics

this is the most recent picture i could find. this was from christmas time 2012

this was just a day or 2 after i started

and so here i am today! i washed my hair earlier so it is still a little wet because i let it air dry

sorry i have a poor web camera but you can see that some progress has been made. if anyone has any tips about going natural please share them! im open to any tips/support. peace and love -ian

updated by @ian-gleason: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Castaway J
@castaway-j
11 years ago
585 posts

Welcome Ian! your already in the right state of mind happy dreading brother!

Cody Marshall
@cody-marshall
11 years ago
7 posts

Hey brother, welcome! You an I are in the same boat, we started the same time using same methods haha. Enjoy your journey!

Ian Gleason
@ian-gleason
11 years ago
7 posts

thanks for the support guys! got any tips or tricks?

Ian Gleason
@ian-gleason
11 years ago
7 posts

patience never was my strong side:P but i got a whole lotta love haha!

Sakshi Gera said:

Tip- Patience and love like I always say! :D Happy journey Ian! :)
Ian Gleason
@ian-gleason
11 years ago
7 posts

hahaha im so glad you caught that zeppelin pun! but ive got the love for dreads so there's not question; theyre going to happen and look great!

Cody Marshall
@cody-marshall
11 years ago
7 posts

^ Patience is going to be the best. Everyone I've asked basically says...leave them alone, except for washing, and forget they exist, and things will go much more smoothly for the first few months...someone correct me if I am wrong.

Ian Gleason
@ian-gleason
11 years ago
7 posts

i do my best to leave them alone but my bangs get annoying when they flop in my face and stuff lol. the back is making a lot of progess but my web camera sucks or else i would show you. washing my hair always feels so good lol. i usually go 3 days between washes unless they arent very dirty :P i wish a year would go by faster -_-

Ian Gleason
@ian-gleason
11 years ago
7 posts

haha as always! that or jerry:)

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
Jerbeaaaar;) welcome! Dread on brother.
Dislike 0

Tags