Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Decision to naturally dread hair day 2.

Crystalyn
@crystalyn
11 years ago
38 posts

Hello all you beautiful dread heads! I'm excited for my journey to begin. Yesterday I back combed on small section of hair by the nape of my neck. Shortly after I decided to try letting my very straight and very Caucasian hair dread on its own. Will this work, I don't know. I hoping that I won't regret the decision to not section off... Do you think I will? I'm very excited to see what my hair does on its own but of course I want my dreads to look good in the long haul. Any and all advise will be taken with enthusiasm and grace. Thank you for this awesome site/support here! Peace love and light.

updated by @crystalyn: 02/14/15 08:48:10AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

it will work and u will think its the best decision u ever made

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Crystalyn
@crystalyn
11 years ago
38 posts

I hope so! Should I buy a special dread soap? #anysuggestions? I'm good on tea tree and Rosemary as well. Heard they can help scalp issuez that arise. Hat advice??

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

www.dreadlockshampoo.com they got a teatree rosemary 1 but their soaps are by far the best

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Crystalyn
@crystalyn
11 years ago
38 posts
Thanks for libk! A drwadhead frnd of mine said not to wash hair much first month or so... To wash or not to wash? How often?
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
Definitely wash. Clean hair dreads better than dirty hair.
Crystalyn
@crystalyn
11 years ago
38 posts
Thanks mons. How iften would u say?
Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
2-3 times a week is good. It depends on what you're used to as well. When I started I was a daily washer. It really freaked me out thinking I wouldn't be able to wash every day after my dreads started maturing. I had to really psyche myself up and make a serious effort to not wash every day! I gradually started skipping a day here and there. Now I ususally do it twice a week. The most important thing is to make sure your hair/dreads are completely dry between washings. If they don't dry all they they can mildew and mold. Nasty stuff.
Crystalyn
@crystalyn
11 years ago
38 posts

awesome. I have been washing my hair about every two days. So it wont be hard to wait three or four. I actually didnt wash my hair but evry 3/4/5 days back when i had longer locks. I just donated twenty inches this past spring to locks of love. it was a great feeling. it was then with my 28 some odd inches of hair that ien t ponder drads. but i had grown them out to donate so i wanted to make the correct efforts to follow through. now that i have a little length left, its time to pull the trigger. so it should be relativly easy to do it oncw/twice a week.

Crystalyn
@crystalyn
11 years ago
38 posts

lastnight beforbed i twisted a bit of sections of hair to keep them from getting too clumpy when i sleep. do you think this is helping or hurting the process, or does it not really matter. i am just interested ina piecy/loose/ look and dont want too many chunks growing together. so i thought sectioning it off by hand loosy would help to accomplish this. but what do i know?

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form