Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My hair isnt locking!! HELP

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Also, clean hair dreads faster, if at all possible wash more frequently than once a week.
updated by @mons: 07/10/15 10:07:55PM
Dread Neck
@dread-neck
12 years ago
1 posts

For the most part all my dreads have about an inch of loose hair at the roots, which i find to be more comfortable than tight roots. Im on my second set, and the first ones i used to rub the roots a boat load to keep then tight, but it started to hurt my scalp. Now, i have a glass bead thats about 1 and 1/5 inches that i rotate from dread to dread, if needed, and i push it up to about 1/5 inch from the scalp and leave it for a week. after a week the roots have tightened maybe a hlf inch or so. I only do this if one isnt locking very well at the roots and the beads circular interior keeps them smooth unlike lumpy rubbed roots. you dont really have to do anything though, it'll dread no matter what

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Take a look through my photo's Most of my locks are all formed around my head and very few on top. But as my hair is growing out, a few are popping up here and there. They are much shorter than the rest of my locks. But they are there. Give them time. Salons will only destroy your hair. And thy will tell you that you need to come back regularly to have them "cleaned up". And because of how "nice" they look after the first day, you might beinclined to believe them once the loose hairs and frizzies start to pop back out.

Eagle's right. Try using sea salt before each wash to help them locking along. And if you really want to, try Biotin to help speed up the growth

Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

A wool tam might help em knot up too, wool really helps knots happen. Maybe even Lockin Up liquid shampoo from dreadlockshampoo.com.

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form