Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My hair isnt locking!! HELP

Theodora Martino
@theodora-martino
12 years ago
22 posts

at the top of my head were my hair is growing up, its not slowly locking up, im afraid it will just grow out

i dont see how it will jsut lock up its self :/

so yeah im scared about that

and my mom is like you should go to the salon and get a little chrohecting done, just a little at the top to help the hair lock up???

idk i know that chrohecting damages your hair, but maybe a little just at the top?

cuz the rest of my hair is all beautiful and locked up itself :))) oh how i love my dreads

so idk???? peace

updated by @theodora-martino: 02/14/15 04:55:25AM
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
It's completely normal to have loose roots. Anywhere from 1/4 to 3 inches of loose hair, depending on how mature your locks are. How long have you need dreading? You're hair has been growing and dreading the entire time. Otherwise you'd have a lot more unknotted hair at the roots.Think of it this way, if your roots didn't dread themselves, SE would have about 5 inches of dreads at the end of his hair and 6 ft of regular normal straight hair. It happens, we're just not aware of it.Crocheting will destroy your beautiful hair. You go in once and they look so pretty, then a couple weeks later they'll be all frizzy and messy looking, a month or two more and your roots will have grown out some and you'll be righ where you are now. Look thru all the photos, especially SE's. we all have loose hair at our roots.
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

If it's te top of your head, it will (in time) lock up. The new growth will either find it's way into a lock that it wants to go in or will form a new lock. You will alwaus have loose hair from the new growth! Do not go to the salon to have them destroy your beautiful locks!

DreadfulScotty
@dreadfulscotty
12 years ago
19 posts

What method did you start with? When did you start? How much is not dreaded?

Make sure you wash your dreads regularly.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

it is locking up exactly ass it should but u should hve loose hairs at the scalo=p between dreads tell your mom hell no i wont go

just leave it asklone its perfectly fine exactly as it is

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

srry bout typos and accidental curses lol shivering was washing my dreads and ran our of hot water 1/2 way thru freeezing shower in winter ..brrrrrr

--
Theodora Martino
@theodora-martino
12 years ago
22 posts

1, Backcombed
2. A year and 1/2
3. Many the loose hairs i want to get in are only these really long ones. not the good little hairs, that you want, and that i like :)

So would it be okay to go to the salon, and just ask for some help for the really long loose hairs there like 4-6 inches.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

nonono the salon is the absolute worse thing u can do at 6 they dread themselves if they are getting to 6 inches they are about to foerm new dreads use a lil sea salt and they will lock up

under no circumstances should u ever let a salon touch your dreads

--
Theodora Martino
@theodora-martino
12 years ago
22 posts

i dont know i mean i trust your answer and eveyrthing, im just afraid they wont dread up

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

do i have 17 foot long straight hair and only a few inches of dread/ofcourse not i also never backcombed if dreds can start without needing backcombing and dread no matter .how long they get what makes u think yours wont dread

if you would have went natural youd just know they dred themselves but u started by force so you think they always need force to continue
just leave em be they will dread they are doing exactly as they sho.uld

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form