dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Lockology Product for Caucasian Dreads

Charlotte22
@charlotte22
12 years ago
10 posts

Hi All :)

I was wondering if you could take a look at this link and let me know if it would appropriate forCaucasian dreadlocks? know African American hair is different and I would not be using this as a daily thing, just as a conditioning type thing sometimes. Anyway, let me know!

http://ilovelockology.com/store.html# !/~/product/category=4028876&id=17545292

updated by @charlotte22: 02/15/15 01:33:25PM
Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

I personally wouldn't use these products because some of them contain palm oil, the loc mud contains bees wax. Thats enough for me. I think they would be too conditioning anyway.

Charlotte22
@charlotte22
12 years ago
10 posts

Thanks for the response. I'm confused though, the product I linked you to does not contain loc mud? It contains the oil blend from their loc mud, but not actual loc mud. My main concern was whether the products were 'compatible' withCaucasian hair =]

Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

Sorry. Some one else will probably answer. I personally wouldn't buy from a company that sells wax for dreads. Thats just me. Sorry its a little off your topic, I just feel its a big issue.

Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

Justin is right one one point there. Steer clear of conditioning products until your dreads are matured. If you use the BS/ACV wash then the ACV is slightly conditioning. If you feel that your hair really needs to be conditioned, use a little jojoba oil in your wash. Be warned though, this may slow your progress a tad, until it is all washed out again. But, if you feel that you really need it then you can go that route. When the dreads are mature, pure aloe is great for conditioning. I would buy a plant as soon as possible and start growing it large now. That is what I have done.

Charlotte22
@charlotte22
12 years ago
10 posts

I'm not sure where you find where I started my dreads, but it was Sept. 2011, not 2012 - I'm not sure if that makes a difference to your advice but my dreads are pretty locked up and have happy handled jojoba that I've put in my BS/ACV wash before. ^_^. Oh and Justin, I only meant to imply thatAfrican American hair tends to be drier, as I had seen SE's mention it a couple times and his advice differed accordingly. So, I was just curious about the extent of 'conditioning' that lockology would be providing. Thanks for the advice though, I think I'll try and get an aloe plant, seems like a great idea!

Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

Well, if you have them a year now then they are likely mature. No harm in conditioning them now, I reckon. But keep in mind, they don't have to be conditioned very regularly. Just whenever you feel that they look dry and need it.

Are you new here, Charlotte? I haven't seen you before and I just read your page, which says you started your dreads 2 weeks ago? Regardless, the crochet was a bad idea. Your not still using the hook, are you?

Charlotte22
@charlotte22
12 years ago
10 posts

2 weeks ago? Haha I don't understand how it says that on my page? I can't even find where it says that... When I logged in today it said my membership had expired and I had to re-sign up kind of, but all my info was here from a year ago so maybe that has something to do with it... I've had my dreads since sept. 5 and no I do not do anymaintenance except fromseparatingthe roots. Not since a month after getting them =].

Charlotte22
@charlotte22
12 years ago
10 posts

Oh I see now... Yes, when I first signed up here I had been dreading for 2 weeks and wrote that in rather than a date or something.

Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

Ah, that's great. Good to hear. It probably says two weeksbecausethat's what you wrote when you joined. I just assumed you were new. Anyway, good to meet you.

I'd definitely go with the aloe or the jajoba. I actually use jojoba on rare occasions. But I'm waiting for a year before I use the aloe. The plant that I started is getting big now. I have to transplant it into a 16 L pot soon.There'll be plenty of conditioner for me :)

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form