dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

job interview

katietheladi
@katietheladi
12 years ago
34 posts

hello :)

after plenty of searching and no luck i finally have a job interview in a few days. its a food/customer service kind of deal and my hair is a bit crazy these days. anyone have some tips? im planning on just tying it back and wearing a head band. should I bring up the fact that im dreading or just not worry about it too much, you always have to tie your hair up in those jobs anyways..

I also have heaps of aloe growing outside, does anyone know if and how i could use that to tame the wild hairs?

Thanks

updated by @katietheladi: 01/13/15 09:42:01PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Don't even bother bringing it up. If they ask, tell the truth. If they press you onhygiene explain to them how you wash them. You can always get a plain black tam to wear, so that all of your hair is neatly tucked away and out of site. For legal reasons they aren't allowed to not hire you because of your hair. People grow locks for spiritual reasons. If they don't hire you because of them, they may as well be not hiring a jew or muslim because of their head covering. It works the same with locks. If they say you aren't the person they are looking for, you have the the right to ask if it's because of your hair. If they admit to it, then you can bring up the legal implications of theirdecision.

With the aloe, just take a small dab of it and roll it in your palm, then gently palm roll it onto your lock. You don't need a ton of it. Just enough to tidy of those loose frizzy hairs

Κύριε Ελέησόν
@κύριε-ελέησόν
12 years ago
92 posts
Congratulations on the opportunity to interview and best of luck!I just landed a couple of jobs with my dreadlocks (CNA at a nursing home and a hospital) and tied my hair back for the interviews. Neither had any idea I was dreading and when they realized I was, had no issues with it because my hygiene is good - when you're involved in close direct pt care, hygiene is easily noticed, lol.I think you should be fine. Many are starting to accept dreadlocks. Especially if they're aware of how they're maintained and what they truly are.All my best!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form