Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Better Introduce myself!

Natasha Gray
@natasha-gray
12 years ago
1 posts

Hello folks my name is Natasha! I am 17 years of age with a passion in all things creative!

In terms of dreadlocks I know absolutely nothing! I have researched them and I find them absolutely gorgeous and would love to try them out! I came to this website seeking help and advice to get dreadlocks that would remain healthy while making them, when they are made, and perhaps in the future where I may not want them anymore!

I do not wish to damage my hair to the point where shaving it all off or cutting it extremely short is the onlyoptionand what better way to find this out by finding out from a group of experienced dreaders!

I am extremely friendly and extremely open to different ideals and ways of life, give me a chat, I'm sure you wont regret it!

updated by @natasha-gray: 01/13/15 09:42:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome but u researched in all the wrong places since u believe they are high maintenance and need to be made

dreads happen

u allow them to happen

you dont need to make them

they dont damage yoir hair if u dont use brutal force in making them

just let them happen and they will be healthy as can be..and u will never imagine a day withot them if u did comb them out yoir guaranteed to be dreading again in no time so you shouldnt even concider ever wanting to tal[ke them out you should dread if your wanting to dread for life

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Castaway J
@castaway-j
12 years ago
585 posts

indeed, SE is correct. letting your hair dread naturally is a very beautiful and rewarding process, expecially if you wish to grow as a person in many different ways. we all have our different reasons for letting our hair lock up, as opposed to doing it for a hairstyle.

if you wish to give you hair a head start though, you can do the twist and rip method, it is the second recommended way of dreading. theres is a lot of information to he had within these forums, i recommend you start in the dreaducation section if you have not already :)

welcome to the site friend and happy locking!

Kathleen2
@kathleen2
12 years ago
14 posts

Yeah I am guilty of taking mine out and then missing them everyday for around a year until I decided to do another set! Now they are here to stay :)

Twist n Rip is the best method to "jump start" your dreads. Then just let time do the rest!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form