Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Some advice would be much appreciated :)

Ruby2
@ruby2
12 years ago
18 posts

Hey, I'm a newbie. My dreads range from around 2-5 weeks old as I didnt do it all at once. I basically used youtube tutorials to do the twist and rip method such as galapril's tutorial. I thought I was using the size sized sections of hair as her but I've only came out with 19 dreads. (I haven't dreaded my fringe/bangs and there is a section which could potentially be 2-3 dreads but I have a blue hair extension thing glued in at that part and that reeeally doesnt wanna dread up. Basically I'm just worried that I don't have enough dreads or as they mature theyre gunna become dangerously fat or whatever. Do you think they look normal for baby dreads or should I take them out and redo them? (sorry the quality isnt the best)

updated by @ruby2: 02/14/15 08:33:55AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

too hard to see guesstimate the root areas size

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ruby2
@ruby2
12 years ago
18 posts
Generally around 2-3 inches or 5-6 cm?

soaring eagle said:

too hard to see guesstimate the root areas size

Rose
@rose
12 years ago
102 posts

I've always heard that sections should be one inch or so.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

1 inch max 2-3 incgh setions will mean dreads as

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Anna3
@anna3
12 years ago
70 posts

instead of taking them all out, just comb out the really fat ones and split them into 2 or 3 dreads. :)

Ruby2
@ruby2
12 years ago
18 posts

Yeah that does sound like a better plan as they're not all really fat. I'll do that thankyou for your help :)

Anna said:

instead of taking them all out, just comb out the really fat ones and split them into 2 or 3 dreads. :)

Anna3
@anna3
12 years ago
70 posts

I had the same problem and that's what I did. Worked great! Good luck!

Ruby said:

Yeah that does sound like a better plan as they're not all really fat. I'll do that thankyou for your help :)

Anna said:

Ruby2
@ruby2
12 years ago
18 posts

Ive made some super skinny ones but they only want to dread until half way down. is that normal?

Anna3
@anna3
12 years ago
70 posts

Totally normal. The thing I've learned so far is the best thing for dreads is time. They will all work themselves out and dread up. You're only a few weeks in so you have a long ways to go. I'm almost at 2 months and the ones that fell almost completely out are looping up beautifully! Just keep on being patient :)

Ruby said:

Ive made some super skinny ones but they only want to dread until half way down. is that normal?

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form