Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Am i going to lose my dreads? please help!

Erik Zee
@erik-zee
12 years ago
3 posts
so i have been dreading for about a year now and had my hair repair not to long ago because of severe natting and now everything is fine.. for i go to a salon and they crochet my hair. but the problem is that now i have less hair at the top of my scalp than i did when my hair was a mess.... which scares me because it make me feel like my hair is terrible and that i should cut it or wear a hat for the rest of my life ... or that im balding plain anf simple..as far as it looks what i can make out is that the person that did my dreads first did not pick a designated area to start and screwed me over because the dreads come from random places.. i heard biotin helps with growth .. does it? i set a picture of my problem as my profile picture because i do not know how to upload pictures using my phone... please help :(
updated by @erik-zee: 01/13/15 09:41:25PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

going to salons at all screwed u the dreads should have random placement random dsizes shapes etc to loo,=k natural
then they crochetted thats extremely destructive then they interlocked 1 of the worse things u can do im surprised to see such severe issues in just 1 year but thats how bad salons are for you

biotin helps yes but takes 3 months to see any results
massaging the scalp helps so does some essential oils talk to panterra about this she will set uu straight

my prescription in the meantime
never go to a salon
wash often massage the scalp daily
no twisting no inyterlocking let the roots loosen
seperate as needed but very gently
in 3 months u will see hair regrowth

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Erik Zee
@erik-zee
12 years ago
3 posts
Okay thanks so much ill try that. My main concern was that if i left it the thin dreads would start hanging from the new growth thin out and break because of the weight of the dread.
Erik Zee
@erik-zee
12 years ago
3 posts
And whos panterra? Lol sorry im new to this site.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the new growth if left alone will attach to the dread (or form new dreads) the interlock points may remain thin and weaker but the roots will get strong and healthy again some of the loose hair should reinforce the weak interlock points too yoir lucky ot was only done 2 times if it was done more yoiudhabve inches of weakness with no hope of them getting stronger

Erik Zee said:

Okay thanks so much ill try that. My main concern was that if i left it the thin dreads would start hanging from the new growth thin out and break because of the weight of the dread.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts

Save your money and STOP paying those damn salons from ruining your dreads! All you need to do is keep them clean and sleep on your head!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form