dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Good Decision?

Claudia3
@claudia3
12 years ago
6 posts

Hiya! Greetings from Ireland! :D

My name's Claudia,and I feel I should mention that I'm African-Irish (black not mixed race in any way) so as to give you an idea as to what my hair looks like....it's an afro... well it WAS an afro! And a very BIG one at that! x'D

Before dreading, I was natural for 1.5-2 years! My hair had grown REALLY fast and I just happen to have really thick hair on top of that!

I've always love natural hair! I don't just mean afro's or what not. What I mean is that I've never liked the process of getting extensions in my hair, or relaxing my hair getting a perm) and I even got sick of braids! This is the reason for which I went natural in the first place and stopped perming my hair!

I did this because I imagined if my hair was in an afro that I would no longer have to do all those things to my hair! I find it embarrassing to walk around with extensions on trying to fool people it's your real hair :/ It's ridiculous when we were all born with unique hair :)

The problem with having an afro to me was the time taken each morning to do my hair! (I go to school) I would sometimes miss break fast because my hair had taken longer than expected to style! It was TOUGH styling it! I mean the AMOUNT of clips I had to use! :O

All in all what I'm saying is I couldn't handle it! And every time I would cave in and go back to doing braids (which would cut my hair, especially on the hair line :/ )

I had always admired locks and wanted to have them done! But I had imagined that in orther to start dreads you had to cut your hair!! I did NOT want to cut my afro and short hair simply does NOT suit me AT ALL! So I had always put it off :/
Then one day I discovered that you did not have to cut your hair and could simply start dreads with a full afro! :D

So I decided why not! I mean I ALWAYS do braids anyway and dreads look like braids in some ways! Only... it's with your REAL HAIR! And so 2 weeks later (after a LOT of research on dreads) I went and got my dread journey STARTED!

And that is that! SO excited <3 It's only been 2 days since I've been dreaded! :D

updated by @claudia3: 01/13/15 09:41:15PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

your mistake was going and getting your dreads started and not just letting them naturally dread

all along your saying you like natural natural natural and that extentions seem like trying to fool someome well goibg to a salon to get made dreads is the same exact thing its like saying look i got dreads while qwearing a dread wig

instead yiu should have allowed your hair to naturally dread

where did yu research?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Claudia3
@claudia3
12 years ago
6 posts

I searchedon-line read a few books and asked a few family members who already have mature dreads. I've noticed howinsistentyou are on letting dreads grow out naturally my simply not combing, and i have NOPROBLEMSwith that... i just want my dreads to have a certain order to them and not just wild?

What's wrong with getting you dreads started and then simply letting them grown on their own? I want them to have a uniform size to the too! Not just randomly sized sausages all over...

soaring eagle said:

your mistake was going and getting your dreads started and not just letting them naturally dread

all along your saying you like natural natural natural and that extentions seem like trying to fool someome well goibg to a salon to get made dreads is the same exact thing its like saying look i got dreads while qwearing a dread wig

where did yu research?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

nothings wrong with starting them

but how u start them might have plenty wrong most methods have a very high damge factor the more force involved the greatter the damage gentle sectioning gentle tnr is fine tho most pregffer totaly natural

and why do u want iuniformity? that only makes em look manufactured less natural u dont nbeed bu]ig clumps all over just natural variations let it section itself the wy it wants

then if aby sections are too big..seperate them

if u seperate they stay the sie rand=ge u want

these

were seperated alot to staty somewhat thin

these

Find more photos like this on dreadlocks forums

were never seperated at all

the diference between crazy (btw hes a model on billboards so odviosky crazines hasnt held him back)
and tidy is the ammount odf care u put into seperating

watch this too

Claudia said:

I searchedon-line read a few books and asked a few family members who already have mature dreads. I've noticed howinsistentyou are on letting dreads grow out naturally my simply not combing, and i have NOPROBLEMSwith that... i just want my dreads to have a certain order to them and not just wild?

What's wrong with getting you dreads started and then simply letting them grown on their own? I want them to have a uniform size to the too! Not just randomly sized sausages all over...

soaring eagle said:

where did yu research?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
EarthMama
@earthmama
12 years ago
4 posts

Best comment ever! Carry on!

Claudia said:

Not just randomly sized sausages all over...

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form