Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Brandi Leigh
@brandi-leigh
12 years ago
4 posts

Hi All,

Greetings from sunny southern California! I've just recentlybegan the long road to natural dreads. I started thinking about itseriously after stumbling on to this site ( I havethought about it for years but was unsure about the unkeep, certain styles of dreads I don't particularly enjoy etc ). Afterreading about everyone's journeys here, I finally decided to take the plunge about a week ago.

Somy onlyquestion after readingthe wealth of knowledge in the site and checking out some vids is thatmy hair pretty much seperates on it's own when I'm not brushing it...So I was wondering, is it going to hurtthe processif I cuff or use a smallbeads to keep some of those prettier sections together? I don't want it even by any means but parts such my white streak, I'd like that sexy chunk of hair to stay together.

My only plans for managing my hair are seperating in the morning ( can look pretty jacked up because I move around so much in my sleep ) if the backis crazy and keeping my bangs/fringe "normal" for now.

I've posted a pic of what I'm talkin about, hair is going to look dirtier than I would like until I recieve my residue free shampoo in the mail and sorry for the goofy smile, when I don't smile I just frustrated and confused in pics haha.

Lastly, lookin for penpals, more internet buddies, etc. Working from home in a major city means I don't get out near enough to meet my local people.

updated by @brandi-leigh: 01/13/15 09:41:13PM
Melony
@melony
12 years ago
45 posts
Welcome! I love southern Cali, its a beautiful place! I live up north.. Olympia WA. :)I've heard that keeping beads in your hair early on can make weak spots in dreads. I would recommened using little rubber bands to keep the sections you want separate. But you may be pleasantly surprised if you just let your hair do what it wants... Maybe that section will stay separate on its own.To be honest I am a control freak, and the journey to dreads has been testy for me. I want to control and anipulate all my locs to be the way I envisioned them... but lately I've been realizing more and more that I can't control this mane. In order for it to thrive I just have to let it be!Good luck to you. :)
Brandi Leigh
@brandi-leigh
12 years ago
4 posts

Thanks Melony, if I really get down to it, just one part I'm really wanting to stay it's own special baby, I can live with the other's being crazy.

I will just try to leave it up to thehair gods and see what happens in the next several months, I definitely don't want weak spots!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form