Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

R.Emmel: 1) introduction, 2) questions on starting, 3)concerns about dogma

Amber-Dawn Andersen
@amber-dawn-andersen
15 years ago
14 posts
Hello new friend! My name is Amber Dawn, and I am fairly new to dreads as well, I started mine late in September of this year. I have to say that I noticed a lot of negativity in some of the members here as well. I will follow that thought by saying, I have received some GREAT and VERY helpful information here too! I guess no matter where one looks, there is bound to be both good and bad, follow your heart my friend, you sound like a very insightful young man! As far as dread care, a great girl here on this sight gave me great advise, "just embrace the craziness"!!!! Good luck, enjoy and much respect to ya...
updated by @amber-dawn-andersen: 07/23/15 06:57:41PM
Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
15 years ago
85 posts
Chris,This site, as I read it, is more concerned with overcoming misinformation disseminated by commercial dreadlock companies. That said, this site should also concern itself with providing balanced, reasonably unbiased advice. Especially if this site is going to attempt to educate an ignorant public, it should be careful not to project negativity and drive away those they hope to help.Your solution, it seems, is to think about it less, and keep doing the same thing. If that were the answer, then there would not be a problem.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i think it is ballanced, theres a ton of great advice, but the missinformation out theres overwhelming, and it needs attention.look at theyre marketting strategy, if you create a site spreading theyre lies you get discounts on theyre way overpriced crap you dont need,so if you look for dreade info you get dreadheadhq you get perfectdreads and howtodread and any one of a thousand others, including blogs and wiki/yahoo answers..thousands and thousands of sites saying you must use waxpeople are looking for truth..many have found the site using search terms like dreads made without wax..so people bare looking for truth..others finde us believing that wax lies are the truth..they generaly overlook the negativity towards wax pushers because they are so thankful fror being saved from falling for the liesalso..if you go to johnys vids, twitter, blogs or anything and post that wax harmed your dreads or that you dont need it..anything against wax or kits and you will never see the comment posted..instead he blames you the user for improperly using something you never should have used at all...isnt that the definition of scumbag marketting? shouldnt there be negativity against people who scam thousands of people out of hundreds of dollars each?should we be thanking him instead for all the extra work we gotta do to clean up waxy messes?or for all the dreads that were cut off due to his crap?have you ever cut yours? do you know how devestating that can be to loose your dreads you wanted a lifetime after just 1-4 years?yea lets go easy on him so the trend continuese that most people dont find us till theyre on theyre 3rd sets after waxy mistakes

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
oh and lets not forget the risks people take to remove wax, dipping dreads in bioling waterrisking severe burns to remove it and still cant get it all outlets not be negative about a product that can severely disfigure your face while trying to recover from using itits a miracle we havent heard of severe burns caused by wax removal yet

--
Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
15 years ago
85 posts
I don't disagree with any particular point. Nor do I believe that your negativity is unjust. I only worry that the hostile attitude will make your efforts less effective by driving your target audience away.Clean has already made "wax haters" look bad by setting up a series of straw-man arguments that could easily be misapplied to the attitudes here. http://www.dreadheadhq.com/lore/idx/19/207/DreadHead_Wax/article/I_heard_somewhere_that_dread_wax_is_bad_for_dreads_is_your_wax_bad_for_dreads.html I don't want anyone thinking I'm defending Clean or trying to cast blame. I only want to make clear that I almost discounted this place as useless, mostly because of the miseducation Clean gave me, and because the outward attitude of this site fit into his list of 8 wax haters. I'm sure I'm not the only one.Just to reiterate. I don't think Clean is legitimate. I don't think what he's doing is okay. I don't think your rage is undeserved.I just don't think it's going to help you reach your benevolent goal.
Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
15 years ago
85 posts
I'm not saying we should go easy on Clean. Just that this site's information could be marketed better. Otherwise you'll never penetrate the masterful lies of a clever adversary.Name calling, for example, is weak arguing.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
hmmmn everything i typed vannished so ill try againi do agree with u bout name calling it just gets frustratingbut look at his list its a slap in the face to the intelegence of his customers..blame the consumer for not likeing a bad product..h4 then says hed only go natural cause they look better yet his clearly are not natural in any waythen he says his customers pics show beautiful dreads that last years yet not 1 is over 3 years all look goofy and his owbn dreads have no personality or individuality and have been cutr every 3 years and started over

--
Ryan Emmel
@ryan-emmel
15 years ago
85 posts
I understand, it's gotta be frustrating, having to deal with the same lies and bullshit so often. Clean is a liar, and I can see his lies now. But before I read this stuff, it looked good.The negativity I'm talking about is the same thing you just showed me in this post. I had to go on the defensive and backpedal because you thought I was defending Clean, when really I just want to encourage content in this forum that will be more attractive and welcoming to the multitude of people duped by Clean. That's all.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
im not disagreeing :)and we try to have alotta that mostly that just a few threads became rants after reading more rediculouse crap on his site

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
better to be natural then clean anyway..

--

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form