Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Start of natural dreads

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
My husband is a recovering addict. Just about everyone I know is either an addict or an alcoholic. Relapses happen, whether you're in a recovery program or just not doing whatever you do (drinking, drugs, smoking, eating). Don't beat yourself up because you got drunk after a month. Use it as a reminder for the next time you feel like getting tanked. Remember the hangover, try to remember any embarrassing behaviors. Then ask yourself if you want to feel that way again? If you really feel you have a problem you may benefit from a 12 step program (alcoholics anonymous). Surround yourself with people who don't drink or do drugs. Memorize the Serenity Prayer. Reach out if you feel out of control. Even when it seems like you're alone, there is always someone there to talk to you.
updated by @mons: 07/13/15 11:49:00AM
Duncan Dodsworth
@duncan-dodsworth
12 years ago
8 posts

that's nice, I never knew the serenity prayer had a name before. I think it's more of a problem with my mind/constitution I don't know, I mean it's whenever I drink i'm like why not get more drunk, maybe it's a self esteem thing, like I think about suicide sometimes, not in a serious way like plotting to kill myself, but more like it'd be fun to be dead maybe? I'm literally typing such random stuff right now I'm so embarrassed but thats what I think about sometimes so that's what its like

christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
12 years ago
91 posts

Hi Duncan! so great there your on this journey to dreads again, your progress at 2 weeks looks great. your honesty is inspiring, Im from the UK too, from the west country. And of course I certainly know all to well about the drinking culture here. Especially around uni. Im a uni student too, Sorry imassumingbut im taking this from the tuition fees comment?? Any way. I have had some very odd looks from ppl here since i've been dreading. But its sooo freeing at the same time. The first few months we're the hardest but after a while the craving to comb goes away, this experience changes you. There is a secret found in the patience of it all. So basically this is bestest journey ever. A personal one, yet surrounded by this awesome community of people that listen and truley understand what it is to find freedom. Stick with it mate. Blessings

Duncan Dodsworth
@duncan-dodsworth
12 years ago
8 posts

thanks for the comments and blessing christina :) yeah I am a uni student. I think society in generral is too pro-alcohol, and getting drunk is too actively encouraged.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form