dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

spinny from toronto

Spinnachie
@spinnachie
12 years ago
3 posts

hey everyone!

Im spinny from Toronto, I just came across this site and decided to sign up.
I don't actually have dreads right now, my reason for being here is because over the last year I've been contemplating getting dreads, but my main area of concern was that I didn't want the commitment because I like to change up my hair at will. So then I contemplated getting synthetic dreads, but I don't have, nor do I want to spend 800 dollars on getting them done. Anyway after tons of research and video watching etc, I ended up here...and after much gathering of information I seem to be leaning on the natural dreads.
So with that being said...I just wanted to say hello to you all, make some new friends...and possibly get my head dreaded!

Talk to you all soon :)

updated by @spinnachie: 01/13/15 09:40:36PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome but once u dread u will never want to change it again well u might but if u do you go through dread loss depression a sense of loss of self.. and u will dread again and again till u decide to keep em for life your going natural so u got the best chance of keeping the 1st set for life

besides natural dreads are alreadsy always changing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spinnachie
@spinnachie
12 years ago
3 posts

I dunno, lol, even though the dreads are always changing, I feel like Im going to want an entirely different look, perhaps different, colour, cut style...etc
I still have much research to do...I am leaning towards natural because I dont want to damage my hair more then it already is...Ive done alot of bad things to my poor hair :(
Ive never done dreads because of the fact that Ive heard once you have them the only way to get rid of them is to shave your head...so that sort of steered me away from the idea...now im hearing you can comb them out so as long as I know I have that option, and that it wont cost me 800 dollars I am very much inclined to start...
I do have a specific style in mind, I saw a pic on the forums of exactly how i want them...i think the term is twist n rip? i might be wrong forgive me this is the first ive heard of this :P

I was thinking once i decide i will start Jan 1st...if i cant handle it i can always turn back :P

Spinnachie
@spinnachie
12 years ago
3 posts

Hey Amanda! I just saw your pics! I love your dreads, thats pretty much how I want mine to look! Did you have to start out with short hair or was that just the length of your hair when you started? My hair is past my shoulders at that moment and I'm wondering if I need

Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
Same here. I got dreads because I've basically had every other hairstyle and wanted to "try" dreads. 3 months in now and I can't picture taking them out. Maybe that will change but I'm already thinking out being an old man with long gray dreads lol. I'm pretty sure lots of people start them off just to try a different style and end up keeping them forever. Dreads have a sneaky way of changing who you are!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form