Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hello everyone!

Riley Wogan
@riley-wogan
12 years ago
2 posts

My name is Riley! And I'm about to tell you a little about myself and my choice to dread!

I'm a short guy, and I've been pretty chubby for a few years, I went through some heartbreak, spent some time in a dark place, and mourned and learned from a loss.

I recently (a few months ago) decided it was time for a change in my life for the better. I began doing yoga, losing weight, becoming the happy young man I once was. I felt a physical change in losing 30 lbs, and still going. Getting lots of compliments about my weight loss, feeling like a new person. I've had long hair ever since I could remember, and lots of my friends told me I should dread it.

I treat haircuts as a symbolic thing, samurai's for example, would cut their topknot if they were banished, or wanted to choose a new way of life. Outward change, reflects a change of the soul I feel.

I felt like a new person, so I needed to redefine my image of a healthier, fitter, skinnier, new Riley. And my dreads are my way of becoming new.

So here I am. About 5 months in, and people ask me about them all the time.

updated by @riley-wogan: 01/13/15 09:40:27PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Welcome. Changing how you appear on the outside changes how you view yourself and the world around you. Congrats on making that change

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Welcome Riley! Congrats on your dread journey, and congrats on the weight loss!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form