Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Tightening?

Alexander McAllister
@alexander-mcallister
12 years ago
17 posts
I was talking to my friend that has had dreads for a while now, and I told him how my dreads were doing. He then asked me if I was tightening them by myself or having someone else doing it. I told him that I just leave them be how they are naturally with no palm rolling or anything, and he seemed confused, then said I would need someone to tighten them for me in the future, I told him that in time the hair will do all the work if I just let it be, again that confused him and he said it would look bad if I didnt do anything.Just checking if that's true, my hair will do all the work right? I don't need the tightening like he says I will? Also, I used twist and rip on all my locs as starting methods, but after that I have only been washing them every other day, nothing else, does that make them "neglect" dreads?
updated by @alexander-mcallister: 01/13/15 09:40:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

all tightening will do is make you go bald tell him he doesn't know what hes talking about and if he keeps tightening they will thin weaken break and ..hell go bald

could u already see scalp on his?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well natural (neglect) dreads are just left to dread on their own no they are tnr dreads but some like the term naturl surender for dreads started other ways then surrenderedto the naturl procewss after that

but natural (neglect) dreads dont use any starter methods

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Tightening will only cause harm. There are methods that are more harmful than others, but none that are healthy.

You can start with a starter method and then leave them for nature to take it's course. They aren't natural locks, per se. But, many TnR locks come untangled completely after the first wash. If your hair went back to the way it was before you did anything, then, they are natural from then on. But if they stayed in, then they aren't. But TnR is the most healthy method to start locks with other than just throwing out your brush.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form