Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Introduction

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
12 years ago
170 posts

I had joined this site a while back to ask a question and have been meaning to introduce myself, but do not often get on my computer. I am 17 and had liked dreadlocks from a young age, but always thought they were something that had to be manufactured. There was a slight questioning of whether there was a natural method of dreadlocking hair, and one night I found out while researching dreadlocks. I was inspired to allow my hair to dreadlock for many reasons, but in a way it was kind of a way to help me overcome/let go of a goodamountof my vanity. Through time I started taking note to thenaturalism in dreadlocking my hair, and started applying it to other areas in the things I do. It has been a little over 5 months since I used a comb and about 3 months since I decided to deliberately finger comb my hair while washing once. So through time, dreadlocking my hair has become more about my beliefs(Rastafarianism/Christianity), and becoming closer to being one with nature.

updated by @naturaldreads01: 01/13/15 09:40:12PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

awesome and welcome (again) so post a timeline soon lets see the progress

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Welcome back. It's great to hear that you are overcoming your vanity. It can take a while, but it's good to see you are on the right track

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
12 years ago
170 posts

Ok :D

NaturalDreads01
@naturaldreads01
12 years ago
170 posts

Yeah, in all honesty, I have almost completely overcome it, and it has been a good experience in overcoming my ego in general. I thought I used to not care what people thought about me, but dreadlocking my hair has shown me a whole new side to that. Not trying to say that I am careless of peoples opinions, I actually love to hear peoples opinions because I see that everyone sees things differently, and I believe there is always two sides to a story, so I like hearing other peoples perspectives on things, but if someone is going to judge me before they know me, then what is use getting all caught up about it? But yeah, it's been a great experience.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form