Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

A hearty hello

David John Hand
@david-john-hand
12 years ago
2 posts

Hello there ladies and gentlemen! I'm new to this whole dread lock scene! Ever since i was a small child, I always admired them, even though i grew up in an area and a family that didn't feel the same about them, but at the tender age of 18 i finally took the plunge and started to dread my hair, via sectioning and backcombing, Although i did have to take them out because my college head didn't think they were acceptable, 2 years on, I'm 20 and I've had my dreads for 3 week now, And i love them, Although small sections of my dreads have started to fall away from each other, I don't use any products to plan on doing so! But is there any advice that could be passed down to a young soul such as myself?

updated by @david-john-hand: 01/13/15 09:39:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome just give em time leave em alone let time and nature take care of doing the dreading

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sunflower
@sunflower
12 years ago
95 posts

Chill out and let your hair do its own thing :D at points your hair will completely loosen, but give it time and it will dread up nicely :) I still have many parts which aren't dreaded at all, but that's just part of the fun!

David John Hand
@david-john-hand
12 years ago
2 posts

Thank you so much for your replies :) You've honestly put my mind at ease, and thank you for the welcome, I love the community that has been built up here :)

Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

Welcome David, Yes, just let them be, they will do their thing.

BlasphemyBlack
@blasphemyblack
12 years ago
35 posts

hey! welcome to the site. yeah pretty much the answer to anything u ask about your dreads will be 'leave it alone'!!!! dont worry about them loosening its just think of it as being one step closer to mature healthy locs!!!!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form