Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how to make my dreads longer!

tee saleh
@tee-saleh
12 years ago
2 posts

hi :) i'm new to dreading and just wondering if you have any tips for meespeciallyon the length.. they're about half the size as the rest of my hair at the moment (only doing the underneath of my hair) and i'd like them to be a little longer! i've only back combed and used bands for the first couple of weeks.. any advice would be GREAT thanks :D

updated by @tee-saleh: 01/13/15 09:38:38PM
sarai
@sarai
12 years ago
38 posts
As far as I know there isn't much you can do. They are short bc they are knotting up which is a good thing. I am experiencing a lot of shrinkage along my nape as well. Try searching the forum for SHRINKAGE you'll notice that shrinking is just part of the journey. It seems like many of us including myself had no clue about the potential of shrinkage until it starts happening to your own locks....lol.Happy dreading! :)
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
Yup, shrinkage is totally normal. There is 't a lot you can do to make them longer, just have patience. You can take a supplement with biotin in it, it can take a few months to notice any growth tho. The only problem with that, it'll make the rest of your hair grow too.
Natty Dave
@natty-dave
12 years ago
56 posts

backcombing mashes your hair down, and it will only get shorter as they mature, as the knots form, and get tighter, usually meaning your locks will get shorter, and skinnier, before they get longer or fatter, but keeping them clean and washing often might speed the process up a little bit, but as with everything else, all things comes with time and patience

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wait

they grow

its that simple but they shrink for the 1st year then grow

let em grow let the rest read let it dread naturally dont backcomb dont ever use bands

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
tee saleh
@tee-saleh
12 years ago
2 posts

ok thanks guys :-)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form