Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreaming of dreads!

Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

I definitely agree that the Christian faith seems to have a....interesting turn of way people believe things should be done! It's really those extremists. Extremists mess up every group they are associated with. Christian extremists are getting scary though. They are infiltrating our government and want to take over and control every little thing. Then say that is what Jesus would have wanted...something wrong with that in my head...

updated by @star-gryphon: 07/23/15 03:47:41PM
Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
I'm a Christian and a leader at my church. And i'ma dready! I work with youth so it helps me, they find me more accessible than a person in a suit. Anyways I let my hair grow out first for a year and have been dreading for the last 5 months. And yes, it is a very humbling and spiritual experience.
Κύριε Ελέησόν
@κύριε-ελέησόν
12 years ago
92 posts
Hey! Christians can have dreads. As a matter of fact, if Soaring Eagle's post wasn't convincing enough, I would imagine that if you do it for reasons involving disregarding conventional standards of beauty and humbling yourself, it would be a MORE Christian lifestyle than many non-locked Christians live. :)As for extensions, I saw an interesting tutorial on another board where a girl simply tied them onto her dreads. Yours would have to be mature for this.And yeah, unfortunately many of those extremists have given us all a bad rap. Their agenda is one of oppression and forcing our "beliefs" on everyone. Many, if not all of them, can be dangerously ignorant. And they do not speak for us all.Lol, I'm dangerously socially progressive though from their standpoint. I prefer love, understanding, and staying humble over enforcing my beliefs on others. I also prefer the government stay OUT of my church's affairs and therefore my churches stay OUT of my government's affairs!!! That can open up many a' cans of worms...I just pray for the best and I try to live my best.Much love!!!
Dawn Zimmerman
@dawn-zimmerman
12 years ago
16 posts

Thanks!

said:

Hey! Christians can have dreads. As a matter of fact, if Soaring Eagle's post wasn't convincing enough, I would imagine that if you do it for reasons involving disregarding conventional standards of beauty and humbling yourself, it would be a MORE Christian lifestyle than many non-locked Christians live. :)

As for extensions, I saw an interesting tutorial on another board where a girl simply tied them onto her dreads. Yours would have to be mature for this.

And yeah, unfortunately many of those extremists have given us all a bad rap. Their agenda is one of oppression and forcing our "beliefs" on everyone. Many, if not all of them, can be dangerously ignorant. And they do not speak for us all.

Lol, I'm dangerously socially progressive though from their standpoint. I prefer love, understanding, and staying humble over enforcing my beliefs on others. I also prefer the government stay OUT of my church's affairs and therefore my churches stay OUT of my government's affairs!!! That can open up many a' cans of worms...

I just pray for the best and I try to live my best.

Much love!!!
Dawn Zimmerman
@dawn-zimmerman
12 years ago
16 posts

Thanks for sharing a bit of your story! Good luck in your ministry!

joey said:

I'm a Christian and a leader at my church. And i'ma dready! I work with youth so it helps me, they find me more accessible than a person in a suit. Anyways I let my hair grow out first for a year and have been dreading for the last 5 months. And yes, it is a very humbling and spiritual experience.
Ahil Ganesan
@ahil-ganesan
12 years ago
53 posts
Your hair isn't too short for dreads, embrace the journey man I started growing mine from bald!

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form