dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreaming of dreads!

Dawn Zimmerman
@dawn-zimmerman
12 years ago
16 posts

Hi all,

I love Jesus and I love dreads! On the verge of getting dreads done. There seems to be a lot of controversy online in general about using extensions. As I have short hair that is my best option right now for longer dreads. I have heard people say bad things about those who use extensions and I have also heard people say that you can't be Christian and also have dreads. What do you all think? I am 38 and have been dreaming of dreads for years.

updated by @dawn-zimmerman: 02/14/15 04:59:15AM
Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
Who told you you can't be Christian and have dreads? I never heard that before. Although I don't really go to church my mom was pretty catholic. Don't recall anything forbidding dreads from my youth.
Dawn Zimmerman
@dawn-zimmerman
12 years ago
16 posts

Some guy a=on another forum said it to someone else. Said you had to be rastafarian. Thanks for your reply!

Joey mipanyarack said:

Who told you you can't be Christian and have dreads? I never heard that before. Although I don't really go to church my mom was pretty catholic. Don't recall anything forbidding dreads from my youth.
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts

If you're a Christian, you're a Christian. Your hair doesn't make that not so.

I personally wouldn't do extensions. The damamge to your natural hair would be catastrophic. Plus you'll love your dreads much more if you let them grow, not have them made. They have more meaning. If you want them just for style, sure go ahead. If you want them for a lifetime and want them to mean something to you, to have personality and a life of their own....grow them.

It is a long process but so worth it. Just sayin...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts
don t get extentions dreads griw longthose people are idiots in fact the bible commabnds you to dread the nazarite vowand the nazarites are concidered the holiest of holy the only ones alowed to speek direcrly to the defvine and to enter heavenjsus was a nzaritejesus had dreadsjoseph was a nazarite joseph had dreads to the groundjohn the baptis as welland ofcourse sampsi=onmany if not most biblical figures had dreadsbut if you want to dread right for religios reasons you will grow them naturalyno extentions no starter methods just stop combing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

rastas aee technicaly christians that believe jah rastafarri was the holy spirit in flesh

they grow their dreads because the bible tells themto

they dont get extentions

they donr backcomb

they stop combing as the boble commands

Every religion suports dreading except maybe hare krishnas

muslim hindu buddhist pagan christian and jewish all share a tradition of dreadlocks worn by the most holy of them all

you dont think moses had dreads?

the comb was only invented around his time and do you think it was wasted on slaves?

dont listen to idiots on other forums

Dawn Zimmerman said:

Some guy a=on another forum said it to someone else. Said you had to be rastafarian. Thanks for your reply!

Joey mipanyarack said:

--
Dawn Zimmerman
@dawn-zimmerman
12 years ago
16 posts

How do extensions cause damage to your natural hair? I was planning on using human hair that matches mine. I am not discounting your advice, I honestly want to know!

Mons said:

I personally wouldn't do extensions. The damamge to your natural hair would be catastrophic. Plus you'll love your dreads much more if you let them grow, not have them made. They have more meaning. If you want them just for style, sure go ahead. If you want them for a lifetime and want them to mean something to you, to have personality and a life of their own....grow them.

Dawn Zimmerman
@dawn-zimmerman
12 years ago
16 posts

Thanks soaring eagle!

soaring eagle said:

rastas aee technicaly christians that believe jah rastafarri was the holy spirit in flesh

they grow their dreads because the bible tells themto

they dont get extentions

they donr backcomb

they stop combing as the boble commands

Every religion suports dreading except maybe hare krishnas

muslim hindu buddhist pagan christian and jewish all share a tradition of dreadlocks worn by the most holy of them all

you dont think moses had dreads?

the comb was only invented around his time and do you think it was wasted on slaves?

dont listen to idiots on other forums

Dawn Zimmerman said:

Joey mipanyarack said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they are attached with crichet wich is extremely destructive

if yiu want the full spiritual experience yiu just stop combing and let it dead you also follow a strict diet ital as its called by the rastas no meats no chemicals (not even aluminim pots that transfer chemicals to yor food) no sugar (processed) no fruit of the vine (including fermented alcahols and wines)

etc etc

Dawn Zimmerman said:

How do extensions cause damage to your natural hair? I was planning on using human hair that matches mine. I am not discounting your advice, I honestly want to know!

Mons said:

--
Dawn Zimmerman
@dawn-zimmerman
12 years ago
16 posts

I completely agree with what you are saying about how many people are meeting "Christians" who are stuffy people....etc! The Christian faith isn't about rules it's about having a relationship with God! :)

Jesus Freed My Soul!! said:

I love Jesus too and have dreads for 2 and 1/2 years:) You should see the looks I get from some people when they find out I'm Christian!! I'm beginning to think that most people who encounter "Christians" are encountering really stuffy people who don't understand Christ, they understand rules lol:) Let your hair dread. You wont regret it:)

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form