dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Thoughts and opinions on what i should / can do

Casey Black
@casey-black
12 years ago
3 posts

hello,

first off, this site rocks, just wish i found it sooner.

so i had my hair backcombed in may, yes i know bad idea. after it was backcombed i did minor palm rolling for a few weeks and then i stopped. i never used wax or retightened. after i stopped palm rolling i decided to do nothing but just separate after showers. i use baking soda and acv wash but was using dreadhead shampoo in between washes.

my questions, will my hair fill in? were the sections put in too far apart? can i fix it? am i going bald? what should my next step be?

Thank you for any input.

updated by @casey-black: 01/13/15 09:38:16PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wow 1st pic looked like normal forced sectioning but the other 2 look like a real problem could palnm rolling or too agressive backcombing cause that maybe

it looks too advanced to be only a few weeks damage though

keep all tension off the roots massage the scalp switch to the dreadlockshampoo.com bars both dhhq and bs maybe too harsh dhhq can cause hair loss even

look up jay simmons discussions or no i pp]osted uit the twisting danf-gers in the featured discussions read panterras recomendations for oils to massage with

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
calipark
@calipark
12 years ago
54 posts

i cant see the pics, theres an error when i click on them?

Casey Black
@casey-black
12 years ago
3 posts

i forgot to mention, initially the front use to be one big dread, size of a silver dollar at base, so i conditioned it to loosen and take out dread and made into smaller dreads.

do you think there is hope, or should i just shave and start over?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ok that could be why backcombing is aggressive combing outs aggressive backcombing a second times aggressive you out yoiur scalp through hell

no just let them recover i believe it will be fine in a couple months

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Casey Black
@casey-black
12 years ago
3 posts

ok, thank you for the feed back. i will give it a few months if worsens i will start fresh. thanks again

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form