dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey forum, need help

will3
@will3
12 years ago
5 posts

Hey forum,

I love the site, alot of good info but i need some help.

First off i'm a black male with long thick hair and next month i plan on going to the salon to start the loc process with twist so how long should i wait until i get it retwisted when i first start to keep the twist from coming aloose ?

and how long do the locking usually take ?

Also how long should i wait to wash my hair on the first month? because some ppl say wait a month and also i had a tiny bald spot on the back of my head that is growing in so when i start the loc process will that hair grow into the other locs or should i get it twisted too ?

oh and is small size locs bad

tryin to get my locs like this or the other pic belowany tips on size thanks

updated by @will3: 02/15/15 02:13:47PM
Mons
@mons
12 years ago
518 posts
I wouldn't do any of it at all. Your hair will create amazing dreads all on it's own. Black hair doesn't need any more maintenance than white hair does. Throw your combs away. Wash with a residue free shampoo 2-3 times a week. The baking soda recipe is great, the dreadlockshampoo.com shampoos are amazing. Separate when needed. Because of the texture of your hair, it will section and knot really easily I believe. Twisting, over time can cause traction alopecia, permanent balding. Clean hair = happy dreads. Plus most salons interlock, use wax, crochet, and a whole assortment of things that's very damaging and unnecessary, for any type of hair. Plus it's wicked expensive, in the long run you're looking at spending tens of thousands of dollars having a salon start and maintain your hair if you plan on keeping them for a long time.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ive seen peope spe nd 14 thousand dollars at salons

and their dreads were falling off

and they wrre going bald

and the salons still kept charging them money twisting twisting twisting making the bakdness progress

in fact the salon maj]de the gu too scared to wash his own hair on his own he made a salon apointment every time he washed it

worse mistake u can make is giibg to asalon

it will dread itself perfectky or u can twist ot=r twisrt n rip..once

neve evef ever again

retwisting wil only make u bald

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the locjs in the pics look natural notice no scalp showing between them?

the scalpy looks a sure sign of salon interbvention

--
will3
@will3
12 years ago
5 posts

Hey mons, thanks for the reply

just plan on going to the salon for retwistingtwo orThree times within 4 monthsjust to get thelocs startedand will bring my own cream, do you suggest any cream ?

also i hate the salon look too but have no other option plus the female i know only do two strand twist which i have now.
Mons said:

I wouldn't do any of it at all. Your hair will create amazing dreads all on it's own. Black hair doesn't need any more maintenance than white hair does. Throw your combs away. Wash with a residue free shampoo 2-3 times a week. The baking soda recipe is great, the dreadlockshampoo.com shampoos are amazing. Separate when needed. Because of the texture of your hair, it will section and knot really easily I believe. Twisting, over time can cause traction alopecia, permanent balding. Clean hair = happy dreads. Plus most salons interlock, use wax, crochet, and a whole assortment of things that's very damaging and unnecessary, for any type of hair. Plus it's wicked expensive, in the long run you're looking at spending tens of thousands of dollars having a salon start and maintain your hair if you plan on keeping them for a long time.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

dont use ant cream and u already have 2 strand twists then theres ni reason to go to the salon period let the 2 strand twists dread nothing she can do will help your dreads dread better jusyt leave em alone wash em and seperate as needed

its that easy

get a giod dread shampoo

likd www.dreadlockshampoo.com

save your money

they will screw u believe me

u dont need a thing now

yiur 2 strands will drwad if u leave em aine to dread

--
will3
@will3
12 years ago
5 posts

ok then is it a good idea to just go to the salon once for the twist and bring my own cream or gel without wax
soaring eagle said:

and they wrre going bald

and the salons still kept charging them money twisting twisting twisting making the bakdness progress

in fact the salon maj]de the gu too scared to wash his own hair on his own he made a salon apointment every time he washed it

neve evef ever again

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

what do u mean no other option

if u have hair u have the option of letting it dread itself

--
will3
@will3
12 years ago
5 posts

Thanks for the help,so can i use any essential oilthe first month orjust wash n go

soaring eagle said:

dont use ant cream and u already have 2 strand twists then theres ni reason to go to the salon period let the 2 strand twists dread nothing she can do will help your dreads dread better jusyt leave em alone wash em and seperate as needed

its that easy

get a giod dread shampoo

likd www.dreadlockshampoo.com

save your money

they will screw u believe me

u dont need a thing now

yiur 2 strands will drwad if u leave em aine to dread

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u said u already have twists though so why go to a salon and no u dont need any cream maybe aloe if yoir hairs real dry put=re alowe with nothing else ib it

or the locking gel from www.dreadlockshampoo.com only gel worthwhile

but since u have twists now why go?

let them dread

will said:

ok then is it a good idea to just go to the salon once for the twist and bring my own cream or gel without wax
soaring eagle said:

and they wrre going bald

neve evef ever again

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form