Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Seperating dreads issues

Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
Okay since I stopped doing anything except separating and washing it is becoming clear that the hairs I separate keep trying to go back in the same dreads. Not sure what to do. If I just let this happen I would have some massive dreads which I'm not really trying to do. Any advise to stop this from happening?
updated by @joey-mipanyarack: 01/13/15 09:38:08PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/video/separating-tutorial-part-2

You don't need to separate individual hairs. All you need to separate are locks. Don't get too nit-picky with each and every hair.

Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
Thanks for that baba I guess that makes a lot less work for my wife to do. She's been pulling each individual hair out that was in other dreads. You're saying this is not necessary?
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If hairs are being sucked in from locks on the other side of your head, yeah, pull the away. But don't worry about the hairs from the locks nearby getting tangled. Your scalp should always look like a tangled rats nest with locks growing out of it. Healthy locks don't have nice clean edges at the root

Κύριε Ελέησόν
@κύριε-ελέησόν
12 years ago
92 posts
Wow, have I been doing it wrong! Lol, great question, Joey. And great advice/answer, Baba!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form