Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Update @ 1 1/2 Weeks

calipark
@calipark
12 years ago
54 posts

I split many large dreads in the back that had a mind of their own - instead i left it up to the smaller dreads to congo. The back of my head always has more texture, and the sections are forming very quick. Most of the backcombed sections in the front are sticking around. However a few did split and are continuing to do so. At this point I would consider my dreads neglect (with a starter method) to level the maturity between areas of hair that dread quicker than others... The backcombing method, as everyone had warned me, was just to help my hair keep sectioning. I did get lucky with a few sections on the top and front that seem to be in their natural sectioning. At this point I will not and cannot control any dreads - the ones that split into their own sections are knotting quick just like the back (which could not be controlled).

I rinse every day and in the past 4 days I've been using a blow drier to get my hair drier at the scalp til it's like 75% dry. And then lots of air from a fan and wind. Mostly because it started to smell funky and I'll likely use tea tree oil if it gets worse. I did a BS wash the other day and it seemed to kill some of that (what I'm assuming was mildew)

I messed up my wool tam during a wash following the creator's instructions. Oh well, I have to get another soon or at least wool to cover my pillow with. I put a homemade scarf from a t-shirt over my dreads on yesterday and it made them pretty flat but stuck some together, so by the time i woke up they were all fluffed up and many sections became defined. I move my head a lot in my sleep so I'm sure that helped.

updated by @calipark: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u actualy backcombed to speed up the fromt so it would catch up to the v-back..in only 1 1/2 weeks?

u realize if u waited 2 or 3 weeks u probly coupkdnt tell the diference

if theres enough progress in a week to catch up to the rest wouldnt be more then a few days beghind

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
calipark
@calipark
12 years ago
54 posts

updated by @calipark: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
calipark
@calipark
12 years ago
54 posts

Yeah I agree with you completely. I have thin hair in large volume with varying waviness. Guess I was afraid of the front falling apart.

soaring eagle said:

u actualy backcombed to speed up the fromt so it would catch up to the v-back..in only 1 1/2 weeks?

u realize if u waited 2 or 3 weeks u probly coupkdnt tell the diference

if theres enough progress in a week to catch up to the rest wouldnt be more then a few days beghind

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form