Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I am such a noobie*

shana dyke4life
@shana-dyke4life
12 years ago
5 posts

Hey there to everyone, let me 1st take the time & say HI. I have wanted to lock my hair up for so long butsenseI don't know any (whiteppl) one with dreads I had no idea how to start, so I jumped on the internet &begandoing ton's of research but I quicklyrealizedthat there is soo much info &differentoptionsabout everything that I gotoverwhelmed& sorta gave up the idea. Then I found this website & it was like a god sent. I can tell that you all really care about your dreads & look at them as a way of life. You seem to have great info & also seem very helpful. I am so ready to start mine but the person that was planning on doing them, well let's just say they no longer are. So I am going to read up on the best method & TRY to startat leastsome of them on my own. ButsenseI know nothing about them *DOES ANYONE THINK IT IS POSSIBUL?* Please anyadvicewould be so helpful. I just want to start them asap!!!!!

I am also wondering if my hair will even keep a dread. I have very thin smoothhealthy. I am gonna post a pic! It is a lil longer then that now. Thank you all so much! This website is great!

updated by @shana-dyke4life: 01/13/15 09:37:59PM
eva
@eva
12 years ago
38 posts

Hello :) Well let me begin by saying any hair type is capable of dreading. ! If you don't want to do the natural dreading method ( which is just stop combing ), you can do the twist and rip !! It's less damaging then backcombing and keeps your length. The ' dreaducation ' tab tells you how to do the method and its extremely helpful !! I saw that you asked in the chat if you should not wash your hair...definetly wash your hair ! Hair dreads when it is clean. And once your dreads are in, you can wash anytime you need to. Don't put any products in your hair !! Thats a good tip. No wax or anything like that. For shampoo and washing your dreads, make sure it is a residue free shampoo or soap :):) No conditioner.Dr.Bronners is very good and organic or you can use a baking soda wash lol ! Ahahaha sorry im just spitting out any information that comes to my mind. Uhmm what else...it'sbest not to use any methods like crocheting or palmrolling because they are very damaging !Natural is always best.Thats really about it !IfI missed anythingImsure someone will tell you.Just let them do their own thing & and document the journey. Have fun girl :) Hope this helped.

Κύριε Ελέησόν
@κύριε-ελέησόν
12 years ago
92 posts
Izzy said it well! No need repeating! :) Also, as far as if you can do it on your own... Of course! Should you choose to let them form completely natural, well, all you have to do is toss the brushes and combs. Should you decide to tnr, simply set aside a weekend to work on it. I tnr'd my current baby dreads by myself.Best wishes!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

throw away your combs and conditioners

there

your started

and in fact your done too

thats really the easiest best way

not always quickest tho

give it time see if it dreads if not do twist n rip its extremely easy to do

--